Budget levers

dazzer

Reaction score
my new levers arrived today. i have used these on my speedfour and thunderace. they look great with no problems. i ordered them to fit XJ6 diversion 2012. £16.99 the pair delivered.

Attachments

dazzer

Reaction score
They are off ebay from china. I have already fitted a Evotech rad guard and i am waiting for a Ermax 33cm screen to be delivered.
I like eveything else about the bike.

Stripy

Reaction score
If compare the numbers from the part catalogues of Yamaha's website, you'll find that several models are using the same, which is not really a surprise :)

Slappyhead

Reaction score
Struggling to find these on ebay. Did you have to pay in dollars? Any chance of the sellers name please? Any import duty?

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Yeh I heard that story as well, also talked to a chap who was doing a track day an his budget brake lever snapped whilst hard on the brakes and the bike and himself ended in a bad way, buy cheap buy twice an all that!!!!!!

Cheers daps:cool:

stevecbr

Reaction score
Yeh I heard that story as well, also talked to a chap who was doing a track day an his budget brake lever snapped whilst hard on the brakes and the bike and himself ended in a bad way, buy cheap buy twice an all that!!!!!!

Cheers daps:cool:
I'd be more worried buy cheap and end up dead! Anyone fancy a snapped front brake lever when braking from high speed, while on the public roads!!

dazzer

Reaction score
i know a few racers who use these. my brother one of them. both of us are mechanical engineers and can appreciate the quality. if i had any worries i wouldnt have them on my bike.
i have had problems with a brand called bikeit years ago. they didnt snap, the span adjuster unscrewed itself and the lever fell off. no worries with these.
this is not a quality guarantee just my opinion and there are different brands for sale from china and i can only comment on the ones i recieved.

Cypher

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, I had my brake lever broken by thieves a couple weeks ago so decided to get something different.

Ended up buying these, thinking that they look pretty cool: Black Blade Brake Clutch Levers For Yamaha FZ1 FAZER/GT 06-12 FZ6 FAZER/S2 04-11 | eBay

Installed them on Saturday and, £$#%*&!*!!!, dropped my bike this morning and bent the tip of my clutch lever :/ Took the bike off the stand, rolled it forward and put it back on the stand. As I turn around I feel it's falling, I turn around and it's almost on the ground, leaning against my leg.
Couldn't hold it though and it fell and scratched the left side of the engine cover and bent the tip of the lever so I guess I have to get a new set.

I'm so annoyed that silly stuff just keeps happening to me. First, lowsided it on a muddy road - right side scratched and brake lever broken, then thieves break my number plate light and new brake lever, which I end up replacing only to drop the bike onto its other side and brake them 4 days later.
And I thought I was always so careful with it. Add to that the bloody camchain noise and it feels like a scarred bike already :)

P.S.
If you're buying replacement levers, the ones for FZ1 06-12 fit perfectly. Both sets I bought were for that bike and both fit fine.

psychoattractor

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, I had my brake lever broken by thieves a couple weeks ago so decided to get something different.

Ended up buying these, thinking that they look pretty cool: Black Blade Brake Clutch Levers For Yamaha FZ1 FAZER/GT 06-12 FZ6 FAZER/S2 04-11 | eBay

Installed them on Saturday and, £$#%*&!*!!!, dropped my bike this morning and bent the tip of my clutch lever :/ Took the bike off the stand, rolled it forward and put it back on the stand. As I turn around I feel it's falling, I turn around and it's almost on the ground, leaning against my leg.
Couldn't hold it though and it fell and scratched the left side of the engine cover and bent the tip of the lever so I guess I have to get a new set.

I'm so annoyed that silly stuff just keeps happening to me. First, lowsided it on a muddy road - right side scratched and brake lever broken, then thieves break my number plate light and new brake lever, which I end up replacing only to drop the bike onto its other side and brake them 4 days later.
And I thought I was always so careful with it. Add to that the bloody camchain noise and it feels like a scarred bike already :)

P.S.
If you're buying replacement levers, the ones for FZ1 06-12 fit perfectly. Both sets I bought were for that bike and both fit fine.
Your luck has to change soon! I read your thread on the attempted theft, very interesting reading.