Budget levers

Cypher

Reaction score
Your luck has to change soon! I read your thread on the attempted theft, very interesting reading.
Thanks mate, glad it didn't bore you :)

Struggling to find these on ebay. Did you have to pay in dollars? Any chance of the sellers name please? Any import duty?
No import duty. You pay in pounds, it just gets converted by PayPal.
Just ordered these: Long Brake Clutch Levers Yamaha FZ1 FAZER 2006-2013 XJ6 DIVERSION 2009-2013 BLK | eBay
Should fit just like the others, hopefully.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Bad luck Cypher. Mine nearly went over the other day, stand side.

I'd kicked the stand down but it didn't release fully forwards and was in a 50/50 position. I had in on my leg but lifted it a touch and gave the stand a good kick forwards until it hit the stop !

It might be a stand issue, or a newness issue of it not being free enough, but I think it's one we ought to be keeping an eye on.

psychoattractor

Reaction score
Like any side stand, always give it a wee kick after swinging it forward.

I dropped my Thundercat back in '01 due to the stand not being fully forward and i've never done it since since because of the wee kick.

Also, if you don't lube the sidestand regularly, it will stiffen up and this will heighten the risk of it not going all the way forward.

Stripy

Reaction score
Another thing to remember with the sidestand, is to leave the bike in gear.
If the sidestand is just on the verge, it shouldn't roll.

I'm very bad my self to leave it in gear though...but not noticed any incidents where it have not been fully deployed (or, at least, I've not come back to the bike, where it was "resting" on its side....)