buying from ebay

adam

Reaction score
Hi all, the time has come where I can get the carbon akrapovic which I've wanted for a while. Anyway on ebay they are advertised from italy/Spain for about £540 posted. I checked at my local dealer who wanted 700 notes for the same item. So...my question is does anyone have any thoughts on getting it from italy?? There are loads for sale from a dealer and all brand new.
Thanks

TIM80

Reaction score
I bought my carbon akrapovic from ebay . It was ordered thru a italian ebay store . My experience was not great but I did eventually receive my exhaust system . Fristly I do not believe the store actually had stock as it took about 35 days to post it . Which is by coincidence is the ebay limit for complaints. Once posted my exhaust seem to be delivered by row boat to Australia .

adam

Reaction score
Thanks for that guys, I'll try calsport as I haven't come across them before

boro

Reaction score
Thanks for that guys, I'll try calsport as I haven't come across them before
I used a USA company from EBay and paid a few dollars more than Italy, thought they would be a lot easier and trustworthy. Turned out to be a breeze glad I went with a trusted store

flipper

Reaction score
Have bought many exhausts from Italy without problems. It all depends on the seller who could be crap in any country.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used a USA company from EBay and paid a few dollars more than Italy, thought they would be a lot easier and trustworthy. Turned out to be a breeze glad I went with a trusted store
I got mine from the usa and it cost me £550. Then I got stung with a £123 import tax bill from FedEx. Wankers.

adam

Reaction score
hmmm, I think I'll risk the Italian and check they're in stock. Thanks all

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Hi all, the time has come where I can get the carbon akrapovic which I've wanted for a while. Anyway on ebay they are advertised from italy/Spain for about £540 posted. I checked at my local dealer who wanted 700 notes for the same item. So...my question is does anyone have any thoughts on getting it from italy?? There are loads for sale from a dealer and all brand new.
Thanks
Hi Adam.. I bought my Titanium DIRECT from Carpimoto in Italy, there are no import duties, so once converted back to £ sterling was £718.... I had no issues at all...

Took 5 days... Job done... Ordered in new year, post on the Monday, delivered Thursday... Can't grumble at that... .....

http://www.carpimoto.com/en-GB/Bike...plete-Racing-Exhaust-System-Yamaha-MT-09-.htm

And these: http://www.emlineamoto.com/en/s-y9r2-afc.html

https://calsport.co.uk/yamaha-mt09-2014/akrapovic-exhausts/akrapovic-exhausts/S-Y9R2-AFC/

Save yourself £100.... (Calsport offered me £595 for the carbon on last day of mc live show at NEC).... Nothing against Calsport at all.. But they ship direct from a wholesaler in Daventry....

Last edited:

adam

Reaction score
Hi Adam.. I bought my Titanium DIRECT from Carpimoto in Italy, there are no import duties, so once converted back to £ sterling was £718.... I had no issues at all...

Took 5 days... Job done... Ordered in new year, post on the Monday, delivered Thursday... Can't grumble at that... .....

http://www.carpimoto.com/en-GB/Bike...plete-Racing-Exhaust-System-Yamaha-MT-09-.htm

And these: http://www.emlineamoto.com/en/s-y9r2-afc.html

https://calsport.co.uk/yamaha-mt09-2014/akrapovic-exhausts/akrapovic-exhausts/S-Y9R2-AFC/

Save yourself £100.... (Calsport offered me £595 for the carbon on last day of mc live show at NEC).... Nothing against Calsport at all.. But they ship direct from a wholesaler in Daventry....
cheers much appreciated

fizzy

Reaction score
Adam try calsport...they are in the £500 bracket and UK based...
Got my titanium one from calsport. ..rang them They did a deal better than the price they had it on eBay for and cheaper than the ones in Europe or the USA , orded it at 11 o'clock was with me the next day at 1 o'clock. .cracking service

flipper

Reaction score
Got my titanium one from calsport. ..rang them They did a deal better than the price they had it on eBay for and cheaper than the ones in Europe or the USA , orded it at 11 o'clock was with me the next day at 1 o'clock. .cracking service
that's fantastic, but such a shame they don't advertise at those prices to attract more customers.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Out of interest, how much did u pay, cheapest I've seen from them is £799 .. For the titanium.

fizzy

Reaction score
Out of interest, how much did u pay, cheapest I've seen from them is £799 .. For the titanium.
£775 and at the time the cheapest I could find anywhere was £825 plus p and p and there posted it for free !

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
That's a good price..

I think dealers should cut a better deal when you buy a new bike... "Most" will change from stock eventually...

lee1980

Reaction score
That's a good price..

I think dealers should cut a better deal when you buy a new bike... "Most" will change from stock eventually...
Yea thats why with it being a one piece system, I had to go for the deal at my local dealer with full arrow system and paying list price for abs bike was a great deal as cheapest I seen can get for on ebay etc was around £500.
I think if i was getting after would of gone for akrapovic, the arrow looks great well made and fits well to. Baffle in still plenty loud lol

adam

Reaction score
Well it appears I have an early birthday present to myself as the carbon akra has arrived as scheduled. cannot wait to fit it today