Carbon Akra vs Full Arrow

sigtrm

Reaction score
Which one should I buy?
I know quite a few peeps bought carbon akra, any issues?
Maybe silly question, but does carbon akra have removable dbkiller?

One more, from akra installation manual:
''Muffler – titanium outer sleeve: use a soft cloth sprayed with a multi-purpose spray lubricant (WD-40 or equivalent).''

Won't it (wd40)burn from heat leaving brown stains?

Last edited:
M

MT account

the carbon outer sleeve on the carbon can is not made from............titanium. its carbon. so you dont need to spray anything on it. :)

M

MT account

And the rest of exhaust?;-) pipes?
stainless steel.......which will stain brown. you can sand that off but it will be back as soon as it gets wet or dirty. they only use titanium on the outer sleeve on the silencer can

sigtrm

Reaction score
stainless steel.......which will stain brown. you can sand that off but it will be back as soon as it gets wet or dirty. they only use titanium on the outer sleeve on the silencer can
Thanks for claryfing that part of manual MT.

dapsmt09

Reaction score
They are both shit hot exhausts with quality fit and finish. I am running the Arrow and it is mint but I don't think you would be disappointed with either.

Just be aware that which ever you chose will change your MT from a quiet little commuter to a fire spitting, popping, stunt bike with the db removed!!!

Cheers daps:cool:

M

MT account

Thanks for claryfing that part of manual MT.
yep, ive tried polishing both and the arrow is the better quality pipe. the stainless header on the akra will not polish back shiny no matter what you use on it.......well, maybe a 9 inch grinder..:rolleyes:
20140410_175947.jpg20140602_082807_LLS.jpg

Glenn

Reaction score
Excuse the bump, but are you guys with full systems getting the bike tuned/retuned to richen it up a bit?

Cheers.

sigtrm

Reaction score
Yamaha dealer told me that: "it autotunes itself(mt-09)" ;-))

Kinjane

Reaction score
Yamaha dealer told me that: "it autotunes itself(mt-09)" ;-))
Whilst the ECU will adjust for a different exhaust, you still gotta pay for something else which will help extract all the performance a new exhaust can offer.

Glenn

Reaction score
Whilst the ECU will adjust for a different exhaust, you still gotta pay for something else which will help extract all the performance a new exhaust can offer.
So it should be alright without a tune for a while? I just don't want to burn out the valves from running too lean.

M

MT account

So it should be alright without a tune for a while? I just don't want to burn out the valves from running too lean.
yamaha state its ok as is so drag the bike in to them if you can manage to burn a valve.

tomamoto

Reaction score
yep, ive tried polishing both and the arrow is the better quality pipe. the stainless header on the akra will not polish back shiny no matter what you use on it.......well, maybe a 9 inch grinder..:rolleyes:
View attachment 1882View attachment 1883
I would like to see if others have the same issue with cleaning the Akra exhaust? come on chaps give us some feedback before we spend 900 quid :)

the voices

Reaction score
ive gone for the arrow titanium with a carbon end, yamaha crash sliders, front mudguard ext and rear hugger ext.
dealer has said all will be ready end of august, now all i need is the bloody bike. I like the flow of the pipes on the arrow, and aftersales for arrow is second to none (B+C EXPRESS), no more spending until ive got the bloody bike.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ive gone for the arrow titanium with a carbon end, yamaha crash sliders, front mudguard ext and rear hugger ext.
dealer has said all will be ready end of august, now all i need is the bloody bike. I like the flow of the pipes on the arrow, and aftersales for arrow is second to none (B+C EXPRESS), no more spending until ive got the bloody bike.
I believe the rear hugger extender is shite! I think spot said it was pointless

the voices

Reaction score
I believe the rear hugger extender is shite! I think spot said it was pointless
cheers for info, i have ordered the yamaha rear hugger, is that the one thats crap if so thats bloody stupid of yamaha its crazy how they sell branded products that dont do the job intended, looks like i f..... up there then LOL (LOTS OF LOVE)
Wayne
tinklers have got the parts for me and are fitting to bike so will leave choice up to them, may not be yam parts as suggested.

Last edited: