Cleaned chain today

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Nothing strange about cleaning the chain. I had a good go at it today removed the front sprocket cover for the first time since I owned the bike. I run with a Tutoro oiler which is a great bit of kit.I was amazed though at the amount of oily residue around the front sprocket and engine casings. I also took the opprtunity to tidy up the oil feed pipe. I had it routed to the rear sprocket but a friend who has a Tracer has his to oil from the front sprocket. He reckons he does not get as much oil thrown onto the rear wheel. Must admit looks a lot neater now. Went for a run for an hour after and increased the feed just to see how well it lubs the chain.Good decision chain getting better spread of oil all the way over the sprockets now. I will reduce the setting back to were it was before. I normally get about 750 miles from the full reservior. I know it is my imagination but bike sounds quieter now as well.

bobh

Reaction score
It's actually a good sign when you find all that crud under the front sprocket cover - it means it's not staying on the chain and grinding it away!