Clutch noise? Only 650miles

bigjoe8707

Reaction score
Hey guys I've got a 2016 mt09 with traction control and I've only done 650miles. The problem I'm getting is clutch is really noisey in neutral ! When I engage the clutch it stops. I'm looking for a fix either an upgraded clutch to eliminate this in the future or is it a fault. I have heard they can be noisey but surely not like this. Just to let you know I'm not getting any running issues regarding the clutch but noise after 650miles doesn't seem right!!

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Same here. Although difficult to define 'noisy.' It was noticeable, although far from problematic, before the after-market exhaust.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Yes all our clutches are noisy, but the ones with injector bodies in synch noticeably less so ;)

bigjoe8707

Reaction score
how do i sort the injector bodies out of synch and how do i know if they are. regards joe

Cobweb

Reaction score
My 2015 SR has had a noisy clutch in neutral since the day I bought it new and 10,000 miles later it's still the same, no better and no worse. You'll soon learn to ignore it so don't let it worry you, it ain't going to break.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Try any good quality oil with thicker viscosity
I can recommend ELF Mototech4 10w-50 as a "cheap" and the Bel-Ray EXS 10w-50 as a "pricier".
Allthough the "noise"is beccoming from the clutch.. its hard when the engine is cool and softer as it is warming. it is a common yamaha's engines syptom, get used to it.
But check the CCT because the 2 "noises"are similar.. the exception is that cct ratling coming from right side when clutche's ratling comes from the left..

Ribera rob

Reaction score
What Oil are you using?

I found my Tracer sounded like a bag of old nails after the first service! Clutch and gearbox particularly so. Long and short of it, I suspect the dealer used fully synthetic oil. Replace with 10-40 semi synthetic to the correct spec and much quieter. Unless you habitually thrash the motor, in this country, semi synthetic is fine. Give it a try.