Clutch span settings

rob5006

Reaction score
Had a test ride on a Honda CBR650F today....compared to the MT09 it's a shed....but probably only because the mt09 is smoother and better quality manufactured I couldn't wait to get off it and jump back on the MT....made me appreciate it even more....anyway, to my point, Just wandering what peoples preferred span settings are on the clutch for those of us who have the adjustable billet levers. I notice that whenever i ride anyone else's bike, the clutch is not biting until the very end of the return. On the CBR today I really had to stretch my hand to change gear in turn making me rev the bike more. I tend to have my setting so that the lever is very close to the grip so that when i need to ride the clutch I'm not pulling the lever all the way down and can make quick changes on the gears. Literally just a quick sharp tug in and out. Anybody have any different preferences?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had a test ride on a Honda CBR650F today....compared to the MT09 it's a shed....but probably only because the mt09 is smoother and better quality manufactured I couldn't wait to get off it and jump back on the MT....made me appreciate it even more....anyway, to my point, Just wandering what peoples preferred span settings are on the clutch for those of us who have the adjustable billet levers. I notice that whenever i ride anyone else's bike, the clutch is not biting until the very end of the return. On the CBR today I really had to stretch my hand to change gear in turn making me rev the bike more. I tend to have my setting so that the lever is very close to the grip so that when i need to ride the clutch I'm not pulling the lever all the way down and can make quick changes on the gears. Literally just a quick sharp tug in and out. Anybody have any different preferences?
I've always had mine set at number 5 out of 6 for break and clutch...

rob5006

Reaction score
I've always had mine set at number 5 out of 6 for break and clutch...
On that scale then mine would be a 3 out of six. Minimal hand/span extending.(Going off Pazzo levers that I used to have on my GSR750)

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On that scale then mine would be a 3 out of six. Minimal hand/span extending.(Going off Pazzo levers that I used to have on my GSR750)
I had pazzo's on my GSR750 and they were set to 5. Same on the Gixxer...5. I have folding evotech ones on the MT lol

rob5006

Reaction score
I had pazzo's on my GSR750 and they were set to 5. Same on the Gixxer...5. I have folding evotech ones on the MT lol
I May have to have a play with different settings....see what feedback I get....just out of curiosity.

T

THAIGATE14

5 and 6 on the orange bike but 3 and 5 on the red 1. i think the heat in my gloves makes my fingers stretch........:D