coolant leaking grrr!

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
ran it up this morning, after I'd washed yesterdays shite off, for less than 2 minutes and I noticed coolant dripping out the waterpump inlet hose coupling, anyone else had this ?

yes... warranty claim I know, but curious whether anyone else has had this problem ?

flipper

Reaction score
I see water running from the rad into the top of that hose every time I run my bike after washing it. Are you sure it's a leak?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did a thread on this about 6 months ago called "chech ur coolant bottle" or something along those lines... Lol
Basically the rubber cap with the straw/return feed sticking out the top had perished on the seal and it wasn't seated properly and coolant leaked out just like urs. A quick warranty claim sorted it all out.
It was the pressure from the very same hose u have leaking which was blocked that caused it to blow off under pressure

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
well, turns out it's the oil cooler pump, I presume he means the water pump ?, it's corroded and seized apparently ? new one is on order anyway and should be here Friday... hopefully

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
TT... the coolant bottle was still showing fluid to the max marker, even though the radiator was empty