Crash bungs

lou

Reaction score
Good morning and welcome to the fold. My mods on my very fast race blue are:- Ackro exhaust (awesome) evotech shorty levers, yamaha screen (having a new one made) yamaha seat pad (having a better one made) R&G air crash bungs, plus fork protectors plus rear swing arm paddock stand.lifters, scotoiler (delivery tube run to front sprocket tidier than running to rear) bike is at present away having new rear hugger, bellypan etc being made. There are already pics on this site of my bike in its early stage of mods. Hope this helps best regards Lou.( Life's to short to grow up):D

julianziggy

Reaction score
I really like the look of the SW Motech sliders, but i'm not sure if they'll protect the tank in the event of an off. What's your opinion? Do they stick out far enough?
yeh they stick out like the TRex ones. I havent leant the bike over to check but it doesnt look like the tank could hit at all

mgs performance

Reaction score
What don't you like about the R&G or Yamaha ones? I got my bike with the R&G's fitted. But i can see the ones you posted would be better in a serious slide down the road, as the R&G ones could potentially bend the frame if they got hooked up on something. Those ones are braced on two engine mounts, so theres not so much bending force being applied (if that made sense). However saying all that, if i were in the market for some i'd get the round MGS ones YAMAHA MT-09/FZ-09 CRASH BOBBINS/SLIDERS/MUSHROOMS/PROTECTORS 2013 MODELS | eBay
Hi all,

Hope your well......

Just wanted to clear up a few confusions etc in regards to our frame protectors for the mt-09 & fz-09. Thank you CROTCHROCKET & W8ENN for the kind comments and hopefully W8ENN we hope you never have to use them.
We here at MGS Performance have fully tested our products so that we can give you guy's piece of mind that if you have a spill that your bike will be protected to a certain point. As i am sure you can appreciate that no two crashes are ever the same and upon this we could not guarantee with our products that if you have a crash and the bike is flipping all over the place no protection on the market would save your bike (NOT EVEN OURS) In low slide and dropping the bike then yes, the frame protectors will do there job.

If you look on our website you will see a section of where we have tested our product, there is a video showing on impact how the protection works, the bolts we use are designed to bend and not crack. If you do not have any bend or give then all the impact is directed into the frame and this could result in cracking or damage to the engine frame mount. We use top quality materials and like to think we are very competitive in the market.

We sponsor BSB riders, and riders who race in the hotrax, thundersport gb racing events, who as you will probably know ride there bikes to the extreme and fall off quite a lot with the extreme racing events they are in.We have had guys's that have dropped there bike at 120mph and all the damage that was evident was a few scratches from where the bike had slid down the track.

On the MT-09 & FZ-09 we manufacture upper and lower frame protectors, the uppers which are designed to protect the top end of the bike like the tank etc... and the lowers to protect the engine side. We like to think we are doing the best we can on this model bike and do appreciate all comments as everyone one has different opinions on what they prefer.

We are happy with our products and hope to provide a top service at reasonable prices to you guy's.

Jason :)

W8ENN

Reaction score
Hi Jason, I'm very happy with mine and one of the reasons I got them was seeing your tests on the website. They are excellent quality and very well made. Also the delivery time to Australia was very good. Do you make axel bobbins for the front and rear wheels? I didn't see any when I ordered my others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

relz

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope your well......

Just wanted to clear up a few confusions etc in regards to our frame protectors for the mt-09 & fz-09. Thank you CROTCHROCKET & W8ENN for the kind comments and hopefully W8ENN we hope you never have to use them.
We here at MGS Performance have fully tested our products so that we can give you guy's piece of mind that if you have a spill that your bike will be protected to a certain point. As i am sure you can appreciate that no two crashes are ever the same and upon this we could not guarantee with our products that if you have a crash and the bike is flipping all over the place no protection on the market would save your bike (NOT EVEN OURS) In low slide and dropping the bike then yes, the frame protectors will do there job.

If you look on our website you will see a section of where we have tested our product, there is a video showing on impact how the protection works, the bolts we use are designed to bend and not crack. If you do not have any bend or give then all the impact is directed into the frame and this could result in cracking or damage to the engine frame mount. We use top quality materials and like to think we are very competitive in the market.

We sponsor BSB riders, and riders who race in the hotrax, thundersport gb racing events, who as you will probably know ride there bikes to the extreme and fall off quite a lot with the extreme racing events they are in.We have had guys's that have dropped there bike at 120mph and all the damage that was evident was a few scratches from where the bike had slid down the track.

On the MT-09 & FZ-09 we manufacture upper and lower frame protectors, the uppers which are designed to protect the top end of the bike like the tank etc... and the lowers to protect the engine side. We like to think we are doing the best we can on this model bike and do appreciate all comments as everyone one has different opinions on what they prefer.

We are happy with our products and hope to provide a top service at reasonable prices to you guy's.

Jason :)
I just had a look at your eBay shop, and I'm a little confused about the pricing.
Isn't it odd that the combo set costs 99 GBP, which is more than buying upper (53GBP) and lower (43GBP) parts seperately?
Surely you combine shipping, if I buy the two parts, and a combo should be cheaper than two individual parts.

mgs performance

Reaction score
I just had a look at your eBay shop, and I'm a little confused about the pricing.
Isn't it odd that the combo set costs 99 GBP, which is more than buying upper (53GBP) and lower (43GBP) parts seperately?
Surely you combine shipping, if I buy the two parts, and a combo should be cheaper than two individual parts.
Hi Relz,

No confusion with the combo sets....if you look at the price of our R design protectors these are valued at £42.99 and our RS design retail at £52.99 this total's £95.98 then with postage at£3.99 each set this equates to £103.96. The combo set is £99.00 plus postage of £2.99 which =£101.99 so the combo set is actually cheaper to buy.

It is the postage weight that makes the price difference, as combine the postage does not make any difference as to send X2 set's via royal mail who we use just standard class is nearly double the price of standard postage costs.

Hope this makes sense :)

mgs performance

Reaction score
Hi Jason, I'm very happy with mine and one of the reasons I got them was seeing your tests on the website. They are excellent quality and very well made. Also the delivery time to Australia was very good. Do you make axel bobbins for the front and rear wheels? I didn't see any when I ordered my others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi W8ENN,

Yes we are looking at manufacturing these within the next few weeks, all i can say is if you like our Facebook page and keep an eye out for these when they are available for the MT-09.

Thanks

mistercomputer

Reaction score
I just emailed T-Rex about mt-09 branding

Hi, yes we can do the MT-09. Please call me or request a paypal invoice for the needed amount so that I can make sure you receive the MT-09 sliders.

972-243-7868
Thanks,
Freddy...

For more motorcycle accessories, visit us at:

Motorcycle Race Stands, Sliders, Spools, Chocks

might get these

relz

Reaction score
All this talking about crash bungs and protections, has put a pressure on me, and I've finally caved in :eek:
I never used to have this kind of protection on my bikes... but then I also never had a new expensive bike either.

So I bit the bullet and ordered me a full set of OESAccessories Frame Sliders.
FZ09_Full_Set_2-600x391.jpg

It's hard to tell from pictures, but from looking at their site and reading reviews in various forums, the quality seems to be comparable to the other brands of basic frame sliders (not those fancy designer ones).
And their price is just about the best I found for proper stuff (that doesn't look like a Chinese toy), it cost me a total of 125$ for the whole combo, including (free) shipping.
I happened to have a colleague over in the States this week, so I quickly ordered the set and am having it shipped over to his hotel.

BTW, the difference in price between buying each part separately to buying the combo is 25$. That's what I like to see in a combo discount.

Now I've just got to sit patiently until my friend comes back next week...
I'll post a pic once I've got them installed.

MOZSIPAHI

Reaction score
You should know that non of the frame sliders will protect the bike or you if you are not falling while you stoped or have a very low speed (may be upto like 25km/h).

relz

Reaction score
Here they are installed:
IMG_20140513_081457.jpg
IMG_20140513_081538.jpg
IMG_20140513_081514.jpg

I don't think they look too great, i.e. I prefer the bike without them, but I was going for protection rather than looks.
I just hope they do the job if I ever need them.

Attachments

RipGroove

Reaction score
I'm curious as to which combination of what brands of all the crash protection actually offers the best bang for buck protection if the bike actually goes down. Anyone with protection fitted actually led their bike down on the floor to see what hits and what doesn't?

After I put a few choice pieces on my Supermoto I could drop it and slide it all over the place and the only things that would get scratched were the hand guards. The protection was the only points of contact to the floor. I'm sure the same level of protection could be had on the MT by carefully picking the right pieces.

Just seen some pictures of an FZ that went down after it bottomed out the suspension and damaged the sump by the plug which chucked oil all over the rear tyre, and even the headlight made contact with the road! And it looks like it had the same bungs is in the post above this one.

Sent from outer space

Last edited:
M

MT account

yikes, thats a nasty heads up! so we need crash bungs on the headlamps too?....

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Suspension issue again causing problems. That's a nasty one cracking a sump, 2nd I've seen now.

How long before Yamaha HAVE to sort the suspension !

Those bungs also look untouched and the engine case took it all low down.

RipGroove

Reaction score
yikes, thats a nasty heads up! so we need crash bungs on the headlamps too?....
Dunno tbh, maybe just a case of protecting what you can and hoping the rest of the damage is minimal.

Sent from outer space

RipGroove

Reaction score
Suspension issue again causing problems. That's a nasty one cracking a sump, 2nd I've seen now.

Yeah it looks like a low side and the bungs look untouched.

Sent from outer space

RipGroove

Reaction score

I think the guy flew over a level crossing and bottomed out when "landing" but it's still food for thought about not having your suspension too soft, and also maybe adding some protection around the sump!

Sent from outer space