Crazy Tracer insurance

stef998

Reaction score
Just been quoted by aviva £718 for the new tracer ive just purchased 48 years old full no claims garaged no accidents am i missing something here!!!!!

Booney

Reaction score
Just been quoted by aviva £718 for the new tracer ive just purchased 48 years old full no claims garaged no accidents am i missing something here!!!!!
No but I think they are - you as a customer!
I'm currently shopping around too and some are quoting more than double.
Just smile and walk away!
Best
Booney

stef998

Reaction score
It is crazy was only paying £175 full comp on my explore xc just had another quote off carol nash started out at £581 and told them i wasnt paying that so they came back with £281 how does that work!!!!!

flipper

Reaction score
have you tried Bennetts? They were cheapest by far for me, same age and ncd as you.

stef998

Reaction score
have you tried Bennetts? They were cheapest by far for me, same age and ncd as you.
Yeh cheers flipper they are going to get back to me tomorrow it seems the problem is the tracer isnt on any data bases as it is so new dont know who is responsible for that wether its yamaha or the insurance companies.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I'm with Bennets for my 09... At the NEC live show nash's quotes me 700+, double what I'm paying now..

Whoppy

Reaction score
Tracer Insurance.

I all, new to this forum, I bought a new Tracer 1st march, Went with Bikesure. £200 Fully Comp. All the best. Whoppy.

wessie

Reaction score
My last bike was insured on a policy bought from Carole Nash - CN is just the broker and the policy was underwritten by Markerstein. Initially when I phoned to change to my Tracer the insurer didn't recognise the bike. CN called up Markerstein who were happy to quote on the bike and I even received a £20 rebate as it is a lower group compared to my XT1200Z. I'm expecting the renewal in June to be around £100 to £150. full comp. 52 year old rider, 10 years no claims, 1 speeding SP30 with a Tracer garaged in Cheltenham

Booney

Reaction score
Swinton for me this year, one year NCD on the MT policy 85 quid fully Comps, other Jokers wanted nearly 400.
Jeezus thats cheap! I'm looking at close to €400 here and thats after shopping around. I'm in my forties with max no claims,no accidents/ -convictions for last 20years, living in a low risk area, bike is garaged, security- marked, Abus granite locked, protected by savage dogs,ect,ect.
And they say France is cheaper- don't believe it!
B

RipGroove

Reaction score
I all, new to this forum, I bought a new Tracer 1st march, Went with Bikesure. £200 Fully Comp. All the best. Whoppy.
Bikesure are cheap but searching about shows they are terrible at everything else, customer service, making claims etc etc

I went with Bennetts in the end also, £400 fully comp, 34y/o, 3yrs no claims. Don't mind paying the extra as I know they'll look after me.

Always Google reviews before settling on a provider.

Sent from my iPhone

wessie

Reaction score
Bikesure are cheap but searching about shows they are terrible at everything else, customer service, making claims etc etc

I went with Bennetts in the end also, £400 fully comp, 34y/o, 3yrs no claims. Don't mind paying the extra as I know they'll look after me.

Always Google reviews before settling on a provider.

Sent from my iPhone
Not so sure about that. I've been riding bikes since the 1990s and Bennetts have never had a good reputation when it comes to handling claims. Slow to process the paperwork and try to take the piss with bike valuations. Hopefully, now they are part of Saga, they will improve but for now, they are on my list of companies to avoid.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Think we've probably all got a tale to tell about at least one company we will avoid !!

One of the things to look at is their charges for different things, such as change of address, alterations to your circumstances and cancelling the policy.

Last year I sold my WR250 without replacing it and needed to cease the policy. Swinton charged me £40.00 I think it was to stop a £55 policy!!

flipper

Reaction score
I always found ebike great for changes - everything was free - but their premiums were slightly higher and as they are an online only business making a claim was difficult.

stef998

Reaction score
Well panic over after numerous phone calls to various insurers i have managed to get it down to £170 fully comp from bikesure underwritten by highway so i am a lot happier now just can't wait to get the bike now although i pick it up on friday 13th .

davie

Reaction score
Well panic over after numerous phone calls to various insurers i have managed to get it down to £170 fully comp from bikesure underwritten by highway so i am a lot happier now just can't wait to get the bike now although i pick it up on friday 13th .
Friday 13th ffs ha ha.
I paid £36 to change bike details for the last 6 weeks of my current years policy. After that I will have 5 years N C, and at 50 years old, I have been told that I will be around £200 for my next policy.
I will go through quidco, to see if there is any cashback on the go atm for bike insurance, so expect to get it a bit cheaper than that

edit: just checked and Bennetts have £30 cashback on atm,

Last edited: