cruising speed

flydnb

Reaction score
so today I hopped on my bike and hit the motorway from Bournemouth to London to visit relatives, first motorway run at a fair distance and I was pleasantly surprised at how fast the mt would cruise at without windblast and buffeting, it was best at 90 and quite comfortable I could have easily done a lot more miles, I would have no hesitation in touring with the bike solo in Europe, what speed do you guys find comfortable.?

Chris West

Reaction score
In the 90s its very cool.
Ton+ its shite, wants to weave like a bitch WTF.
Weird thing is it doesn't get progressively worse as you get closer to incarceration speeds.
Gotta say if this isn't solvable it'll be going on auto trader

stevecbr

Reaction score
In the 90s its very cool.
Ton+ its shite, wants to weave like a bitch WTF.
Weird thing is it doesn't get progressively worse as you get closer to incarceration speeds.
Gotta say if this isn't solvable it'll be going on auto trader
may be how yours is set up or what you are wearing, mine is totally stable up to 125 mph odd. Are you wearing a flappy jacket or loose rucksack?

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Hmm can't say I have had weaving, last week on a err "private test track" I was following my little friend on her 750 zx7 at speeds of up to 125 or so, have a look at your wheel alignment and suspension settings, tyre pressures etc.

Chris West

Reaction score
Glad to hear you aren't having issues, so not an inherent design problem.
And have to admit, I wasn't aware of it to begin with
Yes typically wear a Kriega R30
I will experiment and see if I can effect it.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found it doing this with the screen on. Took the screen off an d it was fine. Obviously the screen is back on as it looks shite without it lol

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

Spot

Reaction score
I too have a screen fitted and have had NO weave or wobble issues at sustained 3 figure speeds on a "private test track" ;)

I find weather conditions play a large part to cruising speed. The quite calm weather we've been having recently means i'm very happy sitting at 90 all day but a few months back when it was a bit blustery it wasn't much fun going over 75 !

Cypher

Reaction score
I have the same experience as most of you here. 85-90mph is pretty ok, above that you do get a proper windblast. At 130 it's ripping your head off if you're not tucking in. Overall though, the wind protection is surprisingly good taking into account that there's absolutely nothing protecting you from the outside world.

@Chris - I guess I have to agree with others and say that you should get your bike/alignment checked out. I haven't had it weaving apart from last week when I had a proper tankslapper while riding over the white lane separators at just under the national speed limit :D

stunva

Reaction score
Mine seems to get more wind buffering now I have fitted the screen any one find this.
Yep. The wind hits me right in the visor, before it used to be spread out from my chest to head, it seems to concentrate it more at the visor level now.
This is with a stock Yamaha screen ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep. The wind hits me right in the visor, before it used to be spread out from my chest to head, it seems to concentrate it more at the visor level now.
This is with a stock Yamaha screen ?
Unfortunately the stock screen is at the right (or in this case wrong)! angle to direct the wind blast straight into the riders face and along with it every bug known to man :(

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

marcusfordus

Reaction score
With the screen fitted, and wearing a sloped frontal helmet (Schuberth C3pro) I don't get head buffeting below 130.

I think it's a correlation of rider's height, screen fitment and helmet type that defines the issue.

Twozup

Reaction score
My handguards cause a wobble at private runway straight line speed.
If I force myself to relax my arms it disappears for the most part.
Makes warp speed more exciting wouldn't like to get up to those speeds on the public road though.

Sent from my mind using my fingers

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Forgot the handguards, mine have a top spoiler fitted to them.

My handguards cause a wobble at private runway straight line speed.
If I force myself to relax my arms it disappears for the most part.
Makes warp speed more exciting wouldn't like to get up to those speeds on the public road though.

Sent from my mind using my fingers

flydnb

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any wobble on my bike even at over 100 no probs at all, if you want wobble try a wr 250r Yamaha with 11 inches of travel each end trail tyres on at 98 mph .

My Toy

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any wobble on my bike even at over 100 no probs at all, if you want wobble try a wr 250r Yamaha with 11 inches of travel each end trail tyres on at 98 mph .
Yeah that would wobble more than a paedophile on sports day

flydnb

Reaction score
Yeah that would wobble more than a paedophile on sports day
saying that it was very stable at 80 and for a 250 enduro that's very good, it had a very long 6th gear and would cruse far better than my mates drz 400.

lou

Reaction score
Hi guys, I had a load of kit fitted by Skidmarks, and their screen is very stable at over the ton with much reduced wind blast wouldnt be without it there are pics of my bike on this site. remember (life's to short to grow up) regards to all. now living in East Aryshire Is there anybody out their? Lou

big ade

Reaction score
i got a fly screen , makes no difference what so ever , £95 wasted ! .....but it looks shite with out !
90 - 100 mph is ok , over 130 gets a bit windy & the bars wobble a bit. ( you will need to check this yourself , on your own personal test track )

T

THAIGATE14

any speed above 70mph causes the skin to flap about on my neck causing me to wobble about on the bike........wearing a helmet stops a lot of it.........stops sunburn n all.