Custom Parts for the MT 09 - UK / EU

Chaz

Reaction score
Nice work there Chaz, especially like the look of that handlebar riser.
Thanks.

Suppose the million dollar question, what are people willing to pay for these?

A reasonable steer will be welcome. I wont be anodising (adding colour) to anything in the short term. You can do it yourself or pay someone to do it so the basic option will just be cleanly milled with the option of polished, aluminium.

I should have ordered some more alu today, have run out of 'thick' plate but will get some later this week to allow some machining this weekend. Ill do some 'dummy' parts although would appreciate if anyone can give me some dimensions from the Tracer. Mainly, bar spacing - what are the measurements between the M8 holding bolts? If its the same as my MT09, I can measure there. I would also need to know what the distance is from the semi circle that the handbars fits into, to the holding bolts.

Perhaps I can do a trade, accurate measurements from someone in lieu of getting the first part at 50% cost or similar?

Thanks

Swagger

Reaction score
Thanks. Nice idea that. Do you have any higher res pictures you can post or email please?

Thanks
Chaz

Take a look at the Highway Dirt Bikes website. There are all sorts of things on there that you could adapt/develop. Here are the templates for the top clamps.
Templates

Chaz

Reaction score
Ok, found a place locally that can do anodising. The cost seems reasonable, will possibly go meet them tomorrow.

Chaz

Reaction score
So, came up with an idea. The bar risers with the top plate being optional. You can use it with or without the plate, the bolts will sit nicely in both.

Thoughts? Please let me know if there is interest and what people are willing to pay for these (please be realistic, considering what other stuff costs etc).

If there is enough interest, ill take some small deposits and buy material to start manufacturing, should be able to turn them around in about a week.

[video=youtube;CEB1g64fKJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEB1g64fKJw[/video]

stevecbr

Reaction score
chain adjuster blocks would be a good idea, simple to produce, should be cheap, the standard ones on the MT are crap, way to soft and easily distorted. The yahama gilles ones are real expensive