Custom Seat for Sale

RatHead

Reaction score
When I first got my MT-09 I could only ride it for half an hour before my arse was in agony.

So I had a genuine Yamaha seat base re up holstered in USA by Seth Laam earlier this year. This cost me over £300 to get it to my door.

I am about to change bikes now so this is for sale for £200 excluding delivery.

It totally eradicated the pain I got from the stock seat and it looks great to boot.

The "scoop" in the seat was moved forward a couple of inches and the sides built out to give more support yet it doesn't look like an armchair like some can.

It was built for me, fine tuned for someone with a 30 to 32 inch inside leg weighing 13 stone in gear but thats not to say it won't work for others.

If anyone is interested please PM me your e-mail address and I will send a picture across with this seat next to the stock seat so you know what you are getting.

If anyone is in West Yorkshire they are welcome to try it before they commit to buying it.

RatHead

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the seat:

IMGP1059.jpgIMGP1062.jpg

Top of seat is a carbon weave effect and sides are smooth.

The seat was built up with denser foam at the edges for support and has a thin layer of softer foam on the surface stitched under the covering.

Top quality materials and workmanship all round.

Last edited:

RatHead

Reaction score
Reduced to £180. This is a great seat for anyone suffering with the stock one. You are welcome to try it to see for yourself the difference it makes.

Reaction score
Hi ,what is the fit like,does it fit as neat as the standard one.
Any chance of a pic of it fitted to the bike.

Last edited:

RatHead

Reaction score
Hi ,what is the fit like,does it fit as neat as the standard one.
Any chance of a pic of it fitted to the bike.
Hello. It fits perfect as it is based on a genuine Yamaha seat. I have sold my bike now so won't be able to take a photo of it on the bike unfortunately. If you google "Seth Laam seats" you will see the website of the guy in California who did it. You have to send him your seat normally to work his magic but I bought this seat extra.

RatHead

Reaction score
Reduced to £175 delivered. Thats cheaper than the Yamaha comfort seat but this is much better as it actually works!