dam insurance

jay86jay

Reaction score
i received an email in march from my insurance saying i had been in an accident and the other party are claiming against me. thing is i haven't had an accident and they were claiming it happened on the 21 of November. i rang them and the only details i could get out of mce was the date and that i had hit them.not even a location or time. obviously not happy with that i kept taking this further and eventually i had apparently rode into the back of a transit van.
i have since looked through my bank history and emails and found i had actually boarded a train on the 20th and not come back until the 22nd . i have emailed over the evidence i have plus pics of the bike and mce have passed the information on. now its a waiting game for the other insurance company the reply. problem is i changed from mce to another insurance company as the claim came through the day i rang to end the contract and retrieve my no claims. my new insurer started at £56 a month and now as i cant yet have my no claims from mce until this is resolved and a claim against me pending it has gone to 150 a month until its sorted out. outrageous .
has any one else had anything like this happen and any advice on speeding up the process.

fizzy

Reaction score
i received an email in march from my insurance saying i had been in an accident and the other party are claiming against me. thing is i haven't had an accident and they were claiming it happened on the 21 of November. i rang them and the only details i could get out of mce was the date and that i had hit them.not even a location or time. obviously not happy with that i kept taking this further and eventually i had apparently rode into the back of a transit van.
i have since looked through my bank history and emails and found i had actually boarded a train on the 20th and not come back until the 22nd . i have emailed over the evidence i have plus pics of the bike and mce have passed the information on. now its a waiting game for the other insurance company the reply. problem is i changed from mce to another insurance company as the claim came through the day i rang to end the contract and retrieve my no claims. my new insurer started at £56 a month and now as i cant yet have my no claims from mce until this is resolved and a claim against me pending it has gone to 150 a month until its sorted out. outrageous .
has any one else had anything like this happen and any advice on speeding up the process.
A mate of mine had a load of hassle with MCE with what should have been a straight forward claim that went on for 6 months , he tried complaining to the ombudsman but the insurance company they used is registered in Europe (Holland if I remember correctly ) and is outside the UK jurisdiction I would avoid them like the plague

bobh

Reaction score
Is this the same MCE that can afford to spend lots of cash sponsoring BSB? :mad:

LewFZ1

Reaction score
In the UK I always used Carole Nash, may not be the cheapest but I have never had any problems with them. Having said that I have never claimed either. The one thing they did do for me was when I got done for an SP30(80 in a 60 zone) I let them know about before my renewal was due. My renewal came through and it was £20.00 cheaper than the previous year. On the paper work there was no mention of the SP30, I phoned them and queried them about it. They said it was an over sight on there part and as I had let them know before my renewal and they had offered me the quote which I accepted the mistake was theirs and not mine so they did not bump the premium. Even when I renewed the next year they still did not hammer me. What I like about Carole Nash was you got Euro(90 day) & UK break down and recovery included so for me it was worth paying a touch extra.

stevecbr

Reaction score
£150 a month! I pay less than that for a years insurance!!
Are you saying that your insurance is processing a claim against you that you know nothing about? Is it an admin error or their part, or is it some sort of scam where someone is trying to claim on your insurance?
I'd ring your insurance company and explain you appear to be the victim of fraud, and get them to sort asap

Reaction score
As steve says that is fraud and surely there must be a police report to back up there claims or witnesses,what the insurance company is doing is wrong , they must have got the details for your bike somewhere ,if you are going for a false claim surely a motorcycle would be the last thing, as to have enough damage the rider would need hospital treatment or at least an ambulance on scene and then the police would be involved, i feel for you as it would be doing my head in trying to work why ,and also the insurance company not believing you,hopefully you will get this mess sorted out soon and the claimants get charged with fraud,presuming that they never took the reg down wrong as it does happen, one letter or number out and thats where the problems start,as there could have been a few registered at the same time with reg plates almost identical to yours.

jay86jay

Reaction score
sorry for the late reply guys. my body just isn't use to drinking and couldn't look at the screen lol.
yeah Steve £150. i am only just over a year of riding now so i guessed it would be high but when post office ( divet insurance group ) quoted me £56 i was quite happy. then all this started and now its a joke.
i am on the phone to mce constantly and they have sent everything to aviva and not heard nothing. i questioned why they would start processing it without speaking to me but all i get is they don't know and it is computer generated automatically. so i told the bloke to wait 2 mins while i get a reg off a passing car and put a claim in. he told me it doesn't work like the. OBVIOUSLY IT DOES .
they wouldn't send me pics of the van damage but he could view them. i told him to look and tell me if it looks like a motorcycle has hit it and if the damage was that visible not only would my bike be done for i would of been hurt too. but it just gets pushed aside.
i can fully understands if some one has had a bump and in the mix of things took a reg down wrong but surely insurance companys have things inplace to flag this up and sort it out with ease. none of this emails between company's and waiting for a response. CALL THEM and sort it out.
hopefully i will hear something this week

Sven

Reaction score
Sounds to me as if one of 2 things happened.
Either the van driver took the registration number down wrong,
Or your registration number has been cloned & used by someone else. They had an accident & your details have come up on the computer database. May not have even been a motorbike, could have been a car or any vehicle.
Either way its a total PITA for you & will probably take a while to get sorted.
Hopefully as you have evidence of where you were at the time, it will get it sorted.

jay86jay

Reaction score
yeah i have sent my train tickets and booking conformation. pics of the bike and the phone numbers of who i was with. i will get the cctv if i have to of me boarding the train.
only thing that i thought of is i did silverstone last September and didn't take my plate off and alot of people were recording the day. but that said any one could get my reg any day i am riding it. i am thinking of taking it to the police station the weekend as i have seen other people with similar problems have done and they just put a stop on the bike . just means evertime i go out i will be pulled over. if it has been cloned that is

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
...your registration number has been cloned & used by someone else. They had an accident & your details have come up on the computer database. May not have even been a motorbike, could have been a car or any vehicle...
That's exactly what I was thinking. Royal PITA.

jay86jay

Reaction score
i have two choices. fork out the extra while it gets sorted and hope ( like my insurance said ) i get the money back . or cancel my insurance and wait , not ride for however long it takes:(

jay86jay

Reaction score
no me neither. not as im getting new tyres sat. Watsen design indicators being made . Rizoma light on. Rizoma mirrors may be ordered. Yamaha screen on and a few other goodies. just want to get out there but the universe wants to F**K my ass