Datatag certification

CT/

Reaction score
Hi all, can anybody advise on if they,ve had any problems veryfying datatag on theitr new bike for the insurance company has i had no certifacate with the bike pack, i contacted Datatag an said they are waiting for the dealer to enter my bike details on their log, i contacted my local yammy dealer and they tell me because theirs been a large influx of new bikes it takes time but i need to verify this to insurance within the next 7 days, any advice please ?

Y

youngy

how much discount is the datatag getting you? can you live without it?

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Hi all, can anybody advise on if they,ve had any problems veryfying datatag on theitr new bike for the insurance company has i had no certifacate with the bike pack, i contacted Datatag an said they are waiting for the dealer to enter my bike details on their log, i contacted my local yammy dealer and they tell me because theirs been a large influx of new bikes it takes time but i need to verify this to insurance within the next 7 days, any advice please ?
I had the same problem, it is only the dealer who can input it from the Datatag dealer website. Keep on at them, I did, it got sorted in the end.

Max you will get discount is 10% off the insurance ( I asked the insurer when I was sorting mine out).

CT/

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply fella,s i,m not sure of the discount but ive insured with a company called Bikesure and have since heard quite allot of bad things about them so am a little worried if i cant verify the Datatag they mite slap about £100 notes on my policy.

Y

youngy

I was with bikesure once........................ never again. Could never get them to answer the phone. Good luck.

CT/

Reaction score
I was with bikesure once........................ never again. Could never get them to answer the phone. Good luck.
Yes i,ve heard a few horror stories, would probably worth trying to get hold of them using a different number if you think they mite want to avoid you for any reason.

the voices

Reaction score
if you want to ring bikesure call 01553 844 024, iam at present sorting out my insurance, am local to them, sorted policy, paid price everything ok and then got an email printed it out and hey presto on the last page in red is you must have a sold secure or thatcham 3 mechanical locking device,( it will be chained twice to ground anchors and garage is alarmed) BUT i know if i tell them they will slap a big wad on top of my premium, so wrong as they never mentioned this at all before i paid. let the fight begin, and yes i will go to the office and sort it.
UPDATE flux gave in and accepted that my security is ok, and droped the demand for more money.

Last edited:

MT09-LOZ

Reaction score
Didn't get my Datatag with the bike when I picked it up as they had run out due to demand. Waiting for Yamaha to sort there supplies out, but they do appear to be very busy, so their admin at head office might be slow also.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't get my Datatag with the bike when I picked it up as they had run out due to demand. Waiting for Yamaha to sort there supplies out, but they do appear to be very busy, so their admin at head office might be slow also.
I wud get onto ur dealership as ALL new bikes are data tagged now "for free"!

stevecbr

Reaction score
I had no problems, I didnt realise they even bothered to check!
It will only be once you ever try and claim, if you cant prove it has datatag, thatcham alarm, chains etc you hit problems.
Getting them to quote and sent insurance certificate, they should just take your word for it

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Same here, I was advised by the Dealer that there was a backlog of Yamaha supply of Datatag Kits, mines getting done at first service.. I was made aware if this before I bought it.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I had this also, had to nag my Yam dealer until they did it. Then suddenly I got an email direct from Datatag saying it was all done.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HOLD THE BUS

How long has that been going on, never heard of that before. Got my bike in May, should it be tagged?
That's been going for quite a time. I had mine way before u and mine was done as soon as we registered it.
Every new and unregistered bike in my dealership has already been tagged and the stickers are also on. When u buy the bike the dealer just updates the details on the datatag website and u get the email from them telling u it's now in ur name etc etc.
My advise to u is to go back and tell them u want it tagged as they MAY have overlooked it.

Bon

Reaction score
Got mine in May. Asked for Datatag to be fitted when I ordered it and was told it was free. Was done at dealers before I tok delivery and about 3 = 4 weeks later I got the email from Datatag.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got mine in May. Asked for Datatag to be fitted when I ordered it and was told it was free. Was done at dealers before I tok delivery and about 3 = 4 weeks later I got the email from Datatag.
I rest my case lol