Datatag Motorcycle kit

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Has anyone got a better price than £39.99 for the kit ?

Dobles are doing their's online at that price, which seems quite a bit cheaper than others listed on ebay.

(Scooter kits are cheaper still !!!, they are even easier to steal, and need more plastics in accidents so why ??? )

stevecbr

Reaction score
Havent seen it cheaper than £40, however I have seen someone selling the proper hologram stickers on Fleabay for £1.70!

Mine came with it as standard

Last edited:

Stripy

Reaction score
Yeah, Yamaha and Suzuki provides datatag Free of Charge with any new bike sold (Not used bikes) is what I was told from my dealer.
If you haven't got it, i'd ask the dealer whats that about...

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
Got mine for free with the bike? I thought they all came with it free! ask your dealer the question

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I've had an email back from CMC telling me Yamaha have not fitted Data tag for some while. (The Data tag website says they were in 2012 !)
So now what to do?

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Twozup

Reaction score
Phone around several other Yamaha dealers and ask if it's provided FOC then speak to your dealer again and demand it. If unsuccessful write to Yamaha UK customer Mngr and name & shame dealer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Mine came with it FOC, I collected the bike and it was all done on PDI , then a bit later datatag sent me some stuff in the post telling me all about it and how it works. Looks like your dealer may have mugged you off a bit!

Twozup

Reaction score
Ditto ^^^
They even gave me the leftover epoxy with "tags" in for any additional parts I might want to put on after market**
I'd hassle the life out of them!!

**(errr like my new forks wheels and petrol tank etc......)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcusfordus

Reaction score
emailed Yamaha UK at the same time, and I'm still waiting on their reply.

It would be nice to have a definitive answer from them at the top !

Smurf

Reaction score
It will, I have ordered mine from CMC too

pipski99

Reaction score
Last to see it again Pip, pay attention boy! :rolleyes:

Mine has datatag installed free from new and they all should have. Good luck persuading the necessary peeps to sort yours out.

Spot

Reaction score
If you're entitled to it chase it, but don't bust a gut.
Try googling Datatag and once you're past the first few company sponsored pages you'll find stories about how although datatag scanners were given to all the police forces the majority appear to have ended up in storerooms buried under junk and never get used.
Ever got stopped at a roadblock looking for stolen vehicles, etc? I have and have never seen a Datatag scanner. The police always seem to check VIN/Frame/Engine against the reg and owner. No scanners.
So nice to have, but is it really much use?

Twozup

Reaction score
you'll find stories about how although datatag scanners were given to all the police forces the majority appear to have ended up in storerooms buried under junk and never get used.
Thats a bit worrying!

Click [HERE] then {HERE} x2

psychoattractor

Reaction score
As for Yamaha fitting it to new bikes, it's down to the dealer not Yamaha, you guys got lucky!

Forget this above... i forwarded the dealer a link from the Datatag site and the dealer said that Yamaha had neglected to send them out which lead them top believe the offer was finished.

They said i can pop by and pick up a kit anytime.

I'll fit it myself.

So glad i joined this forum otherwise i'd never have known!

Last edited:

Spot

Reaction score
Really, do you have that in writing? Because i've never seen it mentioned anywhere.
I'd like to see this too.
As i'll be picking my bike up very soon, if it's part of the deal (despite its questionable value) i'd like to make sure I get it and have some "proof" to throw at CMC if they query it.
I spent a while last night googling and couldn't find datatagging listed by Yamaha as part of the deal anywhere.
Found a few dealer ads that list the bikes as coming Datatagged but they tend to be £50 more expensive that what i'm paying. Co-incidence? :)

Last edited:

Spot

Reaction score
I emailed CMC earlier to confirm it would come Datatagged and just got a reply back saying it's not fitted as standard. So if anyone's got anything official from Yamaha stating otherwise it would be useful !

Stripy

Reaction score
Yamaha wrote it in their Access all areas newsletter as of December 2012.

To me, that tells, the dough comes up of from Yamaha's pocket!
Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 18.21.42.jpg

For those of you, that need the actual email, this can be forwarded to you - just PM me!

Attachments

Last edited: