Dave Mckenna's MT-09 Stunt Bike

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I stumbled across images for this bike and had to share it. Its awesome!! I LOVE the seat in particular. Do you think he upgraded the rear break enough ;) Also note in one of the images there is a steering damper. Anyone know the brand?

Last edited:

skooter65

Reaction score
Awesome find!

I would say, given the limited view of the symbol on the center of the steering damper, that it is a GPR brand; See photo below. He has a custom upper triple clamp though, makes mounting much easier!

Hotwheels

Reaction score
I emailed GPR earlier (ref;steering damper) ,they didnt give a price but it will be available in 2-3 weeks.
I had best start saving for yet another modification !!

DevilsThorn

Reaction score
excellent.. tell us from which source. I really like to now of all the mods, and if those mods are available to us the consumer?

Spot

Reaction score
Agree trying to find it online as we speak
I've done a load of searches but all I find are more pics of Dave McKennas bike so i've dropped Extremecreations (who built the bike) an email hoping they'll spill the beans.

Mitch

Reaction score
I've done a load of searches but all I find are more pics of Dave McKennas bike so i've dropped Extremecreations (who built the bike) an email hoping they'll spill the beans.
Keep us posted :)

Spot

Reaction score
Keep us posted :)
Google is my friend.... I never realised just how many custom bike seat makers were in the UK.
Think i'm just going to give a bunch of pics of McKennas bike to my local one and see what they quote to make me one........

stunva

Reaction score
Ben Shaw from Extreme Creations told me the seat was done by Jeff Squires auto trimming in Peakhurst in Sydney NSW.
I called them, they never called back so I got the local guy to knock one out as close as he could.

Not bad for $150

jambocool

Reaction score
That's not bad at all [MENTION=224]stunva[/MENTION].
Where abouts are you located? As I'm looking to get my seat done too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
What exactly has he done to the rear brake? Three calipers, of which two seem to work in tandem, and one works in connection with a third activator?

Spot

Reaction score
Ben Shaw from Extreme Creations told me the seat was done by Jeff Squires auto trimming in Peakhurst in Sydney NSW.
Yup, I got a reply back from Extreme Creations and they just said it was the standard seat which Dave had re-shaped and recovered.
So I guess just go to your local seat re-modeler if you want something like this.
Stunva - I like what you've had done to yours.

redline

Reaction score
Hello, thinking of doing the same to my seat. However I ride most of the time with passenger, do you think this configuration of rear seat is confortable for the passenger? Is it going to be very high and apart of me? Thank you for your comments, Paulo.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol who was the camera man...? Stevie Wonder...! Looked at the floor for most of it. Nice bike tho...!

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!