Delivery dates and Akrapovic

JoeM

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Has anyone else had a call from their dealer like I've just had?

"I've just been told by Yamaha that the Deep Armour non ABS you ordered probably wont be here till MAY. However the ABS in that colour will be here in Jan at an extra cost of £400. Would you like to wait or have an ABS?"

What bloody choice do I have? I have to fork out for ABS although I dont really want it. Dealer also says it's the purple or orange that are the problem I can have any of the other two in January.

If you are waiting for purple or orange non Abs and been given Jan as a delivery date........PHONE THEM TOMORROW.

On a better note I asked about fitting an Akrapovic telling the dealer I had seen the system on YAMBITS for £820 and was told they would get it and fit it for that price and not the £940 Yamaha are quoting............worth trying this on with your dealer.

Waiting Waiting Waiting

Cypher

Reaction score
That's ridiculous.

I had the engine protectors ordered and was initially told that it would be around 5 working days. I phoned them a week later they said Yamaha moved the delivery date to February!
Needless to say I cancelled the order and will be looking at alternatives.

I'd expect a company like Yamaha to have all accessories available at the launch date if you are selling something that costs 7 thousand pounds.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Crikey! glad I got my orange non ABS when I did then, it was just sitting in the showroom looking out the window waiting to be bought.

rob5006

Reaction score
I got the orange mt09 head-turner in oct. Believe all mt09's are selling like hot-cakes and the demand is huge!

Last edited:

Stripy

Reaction score
Indeed, Rob, and with good reason - it's a cracking bike ;)

I'd go for the ABS version - if you don't want it to work, just pull out the fuse. There should be a bit mire room for negotiation, one would have thought though? Or maybe that's where the exhaust comes in...

Accessories are usually not made until last bit, and often by third party manufactures, I case Yamaha need to make an alteration.
Just see with the cases for certain fruity i-devices :)

pipski99

Reaction score
I went to two dealers before buying my bike, one of them told me they could get me a deep armour and took my number to call me when they had one.
The 2nd dealer told me that they had no chance of getting one in deep armour until at least April and that the first dealer were only saying it to get me to put down a deposit.

It does seem that there is a very short supply of the deep armour and orange colours in the UK. Those colours were expected to be least popular and were imported in smaller numbers but have turned out to be the most popular and sold out everywhere.

When I ordered my race blu MT I also paid for a fly screen, comfort seat and tank protector but was told the day before I was due to pick up the bike that those accessories weren't in stock so will be fitted when I take vehicle in for its first service at 600 miles. So my first 600 miles will be on the uncomfortable plank of wood they call a seat and any scratches to the tank will already have been done by the time my tank protector arrives.

Seems Yamaha, or the dealers, are not doing a great job of meeting demand for the bikes or accessories.

Stripy

Reaction score
Pipski, glad to hear you've got a bike already.
I think you're right in dealer was only trying to get a deposit.

With regards to the seat, have you tried to move around? An inch make a hell of a difference and now I've got more used to mine, I don't notice it any more. When racing, it's just move those two inches forward, and the SuperMotoBoy wakes up lol

Tank protector, buy it online, it's ready available at other shops already, which means Yamaha have made it available, so it can be the dealer not being bothered to order before it's sold. What a shame.

But, looking on the positive side - it's a fantastic bike, so enjoy it to its full potential :)

flydnb

Reaction score
I know crescents in Bournemouth have a non abs orange in stock, if your interested phone frank at crescents tell him simon told you .

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Has anyone else had a call from their dealer like I've just had?

"I've just been told by Yamaha that the Deep Armour non ABS you ordered probably wont be here till MAY. However the ABS in that colour will be here in Jan at an extra cost of £400. Would you like to wait or have an ABS?"

What bloody choice do I have? I have to fork out for ABS although I dont really want it. Dealer also says it's the purple or orange that are the problem I can have any of the other two in January.

If you are waiting for purple or orange non Abs and been given Jan as a delivery date........PHONE THEM TOMORROW.

On a better note I asked about fitting an Akrapovic telling the dealer I had seen the system on YAMBITS for £820 and was told they would get it and fit it for that price and not the £940 Yamaha are quoting............worth trying this on with your dealer.

Waiting Waiting Waiting
Maybe it's a dealer stock allocation issue !
Mine is the other way, I wanted ABS in deep armor but couldn't have it until march. Non-ABS mid January delivery (40 days and counting). If I get offered a ABS for Jan. I'd pay the £400 straight away.

Stan09

Reaction score
Try contacting T K Cope in Colchester Essex. 01206 868663. [email protected]. Or just type in T K Cope for their internet page. They are a nice bunch of guys.

Got my deep Armor colour delivered to me last Saturday.
Got my tank pad, and screen fitted by the dealer before he delivered it. I think he has a good selection of accessories in stock.
Try phoning them, they are very good, helpful and on the ball.

Stosh

Reaction score
Hi guys
I've also got a deep amor on order due to be here in mid February, Or not!!! I'll be into the dealers in morning to get an answer on a delivery date and report back. Have to say I'll not be pleased if my bike doesn't turn up til may/ June seeing as it was ordered 26th October, it seems yamaha have massively underestimated demand for the bike and extras

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got an e-mail regarding my akra system that I bought at the NEC.
Apparently they will be in the UK by about the 15th January, quite a lot longer than I got told when I paid for it but hey ho the weather is shite anyway.

Cheers daps.

stevecbr

Reaction score
When I bought mine, my dealer had all the accessories in stock. Had radiator cover, R&G radiator gaurd & screen all in stock. Bought a carbon tank sheild of ebay. From what I can see, most parts are available of Ebay if your dealer doesnt have them

Stripy

Reaction score
Apparently they will be in the UK by about the 15th January, *snip* but hey ho the weather is shite anyway.
Bugger!
Hey, 11 degrees in December and no rain, makes it sounds like an average June!? What's not to like about the Blighty weather, daps? ;)

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Ha ha, good point supermotoboy!!! I've never ran a bike in so quick in Winter before I suppose.
Just trying to convince myself that I can wait till the end of Jan for my Akra mate.

Got her booked in on Friday for the 1st service then the real fun begins.

Cheers daps.:cool: