Did anyone mod the hard seat yet.?

s0n1c87

Reaction score
I came from a fz6. 5mins sitting on the mt09, my ass is feeling pain. The seat is so damn uncomfortable. Have anyone done anything to improve on this yet.?

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Strangely i never modified mine as i grew to find it really comfy! Im yet to do some serious milage but i was out on it for a whole day and my ass was fine!! I wouldn't mind eliminating the front slop though. I saw someone modify the standard seat buy un-stapling it, adding a piece of foam under the front of the standard foam the re-stapling it back up with the existing cover. Apparently there is enough spare material to do it.

Fariel

Reaction score
initially thought of changing but after sometime of usage and even tried riding for ard 200km..it works fine for me

Twozup

Reaction score
initially thought of changing but after sometime of usage and even tried riding for ard 200km..it works fine for me
I was thinking I was the only one who didn't have hard seat issues?
Never once felt uncomfortable even after a 180 mile trip
Must have buns of steel!
I did used to cycle a lot so maybe my sit bones are well used to cycle seats!!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Cypher

Reaction score
First hundred or so miles it was indeed painful but after that I think your ar*e stiffens up and I haven't had any issues since.

I'd say leave it as it is, your body just needs to adapt. And you don't want a sofa under you anyway do you :D

Birdy

Reaction score
I initially thought the seat was rock hard ,but after a 100 miles ,no probs ! Had loads of trail bikes over the years , and seats usually feel soft and comfy , after an hour or so feel like the target in an arse kicking contest!
1500 odd miles now and find the seat and riding position great :) only time been uncomfy is when for some reason the speedo rushed up and smacked me in the kisser !!!!:eek:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That Speedo thing happens to me loads. I don't know wot it is lol.
I'm definitely gonna get the street rally seat when it comes out....looks loads better...