dna air filter

gazza

Reaction score
hi
has anybody got the dna filter, and has it improved performance or made it worse

Hotwheels

Reaction score
I've just ordered one,going to have it fitted next week when i have my 1st service, i'll let you know.
Hotwheels.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Nope, havn't got one.
I thought the standard version was pretty good when I removed mine. The biggest problem was how the airbox breathed.

Those fake ducts ought to be made into the genuine articles, and give it a bit of ram-air.

Basil

Reaction score
Hi there, i have had one on for about a month now. When it was fitted, i also opened up my air box by removing the snorkel. If you want more results, you will have to play with your fueling aswell.

Attachments

Last edited:

Aitor1982

Reaction score
Wow!!
I have a question. By increasing the air flow increases gas mileage?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505

Spot

Reaction score
Nope, havn't got one.
I thought the standard version was pretty good when I removed mine. The biggest problem was how the airbox breathed.

Those fake ducts ought to be made into the genuine articles, and give it a bit of ram-air.
The ducts are fake???? Arrrgggggghhhhh! I hate it when they do stupid styling stuff like that.

marthy

Reaction score
Looking good there. Did you feel an improvement with the air filter? Not sure if I got the idea from you or not. I open the top of the airbox too. Looking at the AFR, I had to add some fuel mostly at mid range and a air at top end. Kind of smooth out the throttle too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

marthy

Reaction score
Looking good there. Did you feel an improvement with the air filter? Not sure if I got the idea from you or not. I open the top of the airbox too. Looking at the AFR, I had to add some fuel mostly at mid range and a air at top end. Kind of smooth out the throttle too.

R

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Sure do like cutting those U.S. bikes up over there dont you :eek:

It's only plastic though so not too expensive to replace should you need to make an engine warranty claim, and return it to the dealer.

pipski99

Reaction score
I cut up the air box on my FZ6 but it was 3 years old at the time so no warranty to worry about.

I definitely noticed a performance increase and a lovely noise from the induction under hard acceleration, but I also had the Powercommander 3 fitted to ensure perfect air / fuel mixture to match up the air box, K&N filter and Beowulf exhausts.

I won't be considering taking the Dremel cutter to the MT-09's air box yet.

marthy

Reaction score
I was told the top of the airbox was around $30.00 if I remember well. I didn't went blind... I actually install the O2 sensor read out and make sure my AFR are still on target. I have the Dynojet Autotune with the LCD-200. I used it on my FZ6R to fine tune the map for my exhaust/FZ6 cams swap. I'm currently using the EJK fuel controller (similar to Two Brother Juice Box) on the FZ-09 and it work great. I did a dyno run before and after my exhaust mod to make sure everything was good. Bike run great... I'll be getting the flash tune from Nick @ Stoltec. Heard good things about it and removing the speed limiter might be a good thing... planning of doing few track days this year if it all goes to plan.

I put 3K miles on my ride, if the engine had to blow... it would have blown by now. I didn't bought a Yamaha for their great warranty, I bought a Yamaha because they're bullet proof!

Basil

Reaction score
Just had an email from dynojet, and the power comander for the MT-09 has just been released?

Schultzy

Reaction score
Hi there, i have had one on for about a month now. When it was fitted, i also opened up my air box by removing the snorkel. If you want more results, you will have to play with your fueling aswell.
What sort of sound difference have you gotten since chopping off the snorkel?