DNA filter and T something exhaust fitted

razz

Reaction score
Dudes have fitted my new exhaust n DNA filter tonight :) sounds soooo sweet , couple of things noticed , the standard system is rather heavy , my headers and lambada sensor were very black , maybe indicating a rich mixture ? The air box had a damp area inside ( petrol ) . I only got out for one quick blast , so one thing that was instantly noticed was the even softer throttle ? Much nicer than before ( using my ground down tube ) so once I returned home I fitted my new replacement of the big standard item I received today , tomorrow's commute should give me a good idea how she feels , the exhaust without baffle would send me burned at the stake by my neighbours , it can with two baffles , road / race , I'll stick to the road one for starters , she's still loud though :) crap review , but more to come once I do more miles

razz

Reaction score
I think I need to undo the exhaust hanger n push the system up a bit were it joins the 3-1 bit

razz

Reaction score
Defo needs pushing closer mate. Looks really low in the pics. Does look nice tho ;)
cheers dude , just loosened it all off and twisted it till it hit the sump , then turned it back slightly , now looks more level underneath :) new pics to come soooonnnnnn

tomamoto

Reaction score
cheers dude , just loosened it all off and twisted it till it hit the sump , then turned it back slightly , now looks more level underneath :) new pics to come soooonnnnnn
How this compares to akropovic in terms of noise, Bhp and price :)

stevecbr

Reaction score
Looks good mate! Still havent got throttle tube yet, so rode to Southwold with mate on R1 today, roads around Suffolk are ace, and the MT is going really well, yesterday was Thorpeness with the missus, so just lately its been a full tank of fuel daily!

razz

Reaction score
morning all , yep , the filter sure does help with the surging with the standard tube , but on my mt , is flattens the power around the 5000 mark n upwards , upto that mark , shes very quick as we know , riding in this morning , mode A all the way, this was very noticeable ( it remind me of putting the good old K&N `s on my LC 350 when the jetting was wrong ). if track electronics are unable to cure that next week , know doubt they will , the dna will be out and the standard filter will be back in , so lots more experimenting yet . the cost was 690 I think , in terms of hp , I ain`t a clue , steve you lucky boy , getting out for the long rides , infact , if its a nice weekend , I can see me popping the standard filter back in till she goes to get sorted

ady

s0n1c87

Reaction score
Just be careful if u ever ride though those road humps. I got a number of scratches under my mid pipe. Termi mid pipe is just too low!!! [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locksmith

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks a normal bike type exhaust doesn't look quite right. I think the std side exit exhaust looks much better.

No offence, I'm sure it's a very nice exhaust :)

razz

Reaction score
No worries dude , here is a question for someone I hope , fitted the race baffle and filled again with esso super unleaded , now she really hammers up thru the revs ,hits the limiter in the first 4 gears extremely quickly , best she has been so far , so is it the fuel or the baffle or both ? The more I ride the mt , the more I think she's bloody awesome :)

My Toy

Reaction score
Refitting the baffle has probably had a positive effect on the way the pressure pulses pass through the pipes?????? so the bike is running more efficiently???? Using super unleaded in my bike, even with the stock exhaust and air filter, has smoothed out the throttle pick up and it feels quicker to rev so I'd say a bit of both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

razz

Reaction score
So tonight I thought , let's sling the standard filter back in n see how that goes with the termi exhaust , CRAP with a capital K , a definite downgrade that I'm glad I tried , cos it's proved to me how good the DNA n termi work together :) did not rev so cleanly to the limiter in 3rd or 4th , sooooo slung the DNA back in and she's back to lovelyness :) I've had lots of bikes but this one is starting to top them all for shear fun and is so frigging practical , comfortable , bloody quick , and that word again Fun :)

razz

Reaction score
Refitting the baffle has probably had a positive effect on the way the pressure pulses pass through the pipes?????? so the bike is running more efficiently???? Using super unleaded in my bike, even with the stock exhaust and air filter, has smoothed out the throttle pick up and it feels quicker to rev so I'd say a bit of both.

Cheers dude :) god this bike is good

Schultzy

Reaction score
Termis are great pipes, that loks great, I particularly like the angle of the can.

That does look really low though, watch out for those bumps :)

big ade

Reaction score
ive got a dna filter, just arrived in post , how tricky is it getting to the air box , not tried to fit it yet ?