Do you think ABS is worth waiting for? (in my situation)

crotchrocket

Reaction score
If I had the option between a standard MT-09 and an ABS version. I think the £400 is well worth it. However, i've had an offer of an MT-09 with £1700 of accessories (Akra, engine case covers, frame sliders, screen, tail tidy, shock tube cover, seat cowl) these are all accessories I would buy over time for a new one. They offer is for £6,999. My minds says, be sensible and wait for the ABS, but i've ridden for 13 years on the road without it. And financially, it would leave me in a much better positions ( I was going to stick the Akra and a screen on my credit card )

Its this one. It would also save me racking my brain over whether to get an orange or matte grey ;) :

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Bargain get it bought. No need for ABS that can't be switched off. Ask anyone with a BMW adventure bike.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Stripy

Reaction score
As it will be a second hand bike, check what finance deals you can get (if you are dependant on that)
Tendency is, that interest rate rockets when second hand.

Have the bike been a demo bike, i'd be reluctant, otherwise, seems like a great deal - and as marcusfordus say, a non-switchable ABS it not to much use (well, in theory, you can just pull the fuse, then it's off anyway :) )

I've had ABS on my last 3 bikes. Not sure if they have helped me out - but I know they have stopped me from having fun :)
Obviously, I haven't got ABS now, and I don't miss it.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Hi, yes this would be under finance. I looked into it and the finance is 19% APR !!! Ouch. Sainsburys do a loan for 6.4%. I'll have a good look around!! Thanks.

Stripy

Reaction score
OMG!!
And I thought 13% was high.

Was it Black Horse having a Blackout again?

crotchrocket

Reaction score
If you want a laugh, he offered me HP of £203 a month…………….for £48 months!! As well as the £1700 deposit i will be giving. Want an MT-09 for £11,444 lol !!!

stevecbr

Reaction score
Is it new, or ex demo? and whats the mileage?
In my opinion I wouldnt want ABS, so that wouldnt sway the deal either way for me
Getting £1700 of accessories would though!

Last edited:

crotchrocket

Reaction score
It's a 500 mile demo. I rode it myself and checked it over on the weekend. has full guarantee / warranty with Yamaha.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Yes! First service done ! How much is that by the way? (this is all good info to pester my wife with :) )

Del Mar

Reaction score
If I had the option between a standard MT-09 and an ABS version. I think the £400 is well worth it. However, i've had an offer of an MT-09 with £1700 of accessories (Akra, engine case covers, frame sliders, screen, tail tidy, shock tube cover, seat cowl) these are all accessories I would buy over time for a new one. They offer is for £6,999. My minds says, be sensible and wait for the ABS, but i've ridden for 13 years on the road without it. And financially, it would leave me in a much better positions ( I was going to stick the Akra and a screen on my credit card )

Its this one. It would also save me racking my brain over whether to get an orange or matte grey ;) :

I was offered that bike by Woking Yamaha before Xmas - great with all the extras but unless you're not getting their finance (waaay higher than a 'new' bike deal) it's not really worth it. Great as a cash deal though.

It wasn't the colour I wanted, that's all.