Dunlop D214.

STAN

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I don't know if the Dunlops fitted to the MT's are brand new or very old tyres. I say this because I can't find any reviews on these tyres.

Can anyone shed any light on where to look for D214 reviews.

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I don't know if the Dunlops fitted to the MT's are brand new or very old tyres. I say this because I can't find any reviews on these tyres.

Can anyone shed any light on where to look for D214 reviews.
i have the same problem. Can't find anything.

mt dave

Reaction score
mine are bridgestone s20r usually i have dunlop sportsmart good wearability as i found out on my old cbr600rr i dont think i will be getting 4000 miles plus out of the rear tyre i think the compound is very soft so they wont last that long wait and see chaps

Stripy

Reaction score
I've got Dunlop's on my MT.
They won't last long, but if you're good at having a skidding time with your rear end....I think the tyre could be could for slides, but won't last many thousands miles.

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
D214 is developed in 2012 and made in Japan.
Came end 2012 as the factory tyre for the Kawa Z800 and is now also the factory tyre for the brand new Kawa Z1000. Tests on both this bikes are very positive.
I also have the D214 on my Matt Grey but at this time it stands in my garage because I don't ride it when the roads are covered with salt.
On my previous bikes I never had any Dunlop tyre, so I'll wait and see.

j4ybee

Reaction score
Took my MT out for a ride today after having the exhaust fitted and found the dunlop to spin up very easily. It was wet out and stuck it in B mode but still took me by surprise.

Stripy

Reaction score
At this time of year, you'd suspect all kind of elements on the roads, that reduces the grip.

More importantly, j4ybee, how's the Akra? ;)

j4ybee

Reaction score
At this time of year, you'd suspect all kind of elements on the roads, that reduces the grip.

More importantly, j4ybee, how's the Akra? ;)
Its abit louder than the standard. Got more of that akra sound that you would expect with it but honestly not as loud or different to the oem as i was expecting. Still got the baffle fitted though. Im off out soon to get some pics and i will get them posted on here.

Chris West

Reaction score
[ i dont think i will be getting 4000 miles plus out of the rear tyre ]
I also have the Bridgestone's, they're on 4k and may just (!?!) make to the 6k service.
They are crowning though.
Would love peeps advice on winter tyre replacement?

FJRider

Reaction score
Some of our FZ's over here are fitted with D214's. We find them slippery at best and dangerous at worst. I low sided the bike riding it home from the dealer. I know I will be peeling these puppies off and replacing them with Michelin Pilot Power 3's as soon as it warms up.

Interesting enough my FJR came with Bridgestone's and the front tire began crowning at 1200 miles. I replace those tires with Michelin Pilot Road 3's and couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

pipski99

Reaction score
Mine has the bridgestone battlax too. Will replace them with michelin pilot road 3 as soon as...

Stripy

Reaction score
I think they're called 4 now, pip?
Never the less, the performance of the PR3's is astonishing, and is the name of my next set before hitting the Alps in July.

(Well, likely to be the PR4's then, if 3 is outnumbered)

pipski99

Reaction score
Not sure about the 4s, didn't know they had been released already but I had the road 2 on my fz6 and would have been fitting road 3 on that if I hadn't traded it for my MT.

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
Yesterday went out for a dry ride.
It was about 6° and I found the Dunlops behaving well. I decreased the pressure from 2.5 in front to 2.3 and from 2.9 back to 2.7. Feels much better than the prescripted pressure.

lee1980

Reaction score
Found this old thread, hoping I get the Bridgestones on mine, dunlops do seem be an older tyre, will see how they are what ever I get dealer said seems to get either.
If that bad will swap for pilot road 4's asap.

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
Those Dunlops weren't so bad after all. It was just in the beginning and with cold weather that it was a little bit tricky.
Now, i've them replaced by the roadsmartII.

lee1980

Reaction score
MIne came with Bridgestone s20's last week, so far so good feel good in dry and this mornings wet!