Dunlop D214.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Those Dunlops weren't so bad after all. It was just in the beginning and with cold weather that it was a little bit tricky.
Now, i've them replaced by the roadsmartII.
I rode D214 for 9700km so i know them very well... i used them in warm weather (April-Octomber) and i don't have problem with them except their fast wear..
But when i changed them for the Michelins PR4 i found out that the handling between D214 and PR4 is like comparing night with day !

alan_manic

Reaction score
Mine came with the Bridgestone S20's. Got less than 2k miles from the back tyre. Replaced with another Bridgestone to keep the same as the front. Next time I'll replace both tyres with maybe PR4's. Will interested in what tyres the Tracer comes with. I reckon the sport touring tyres will be better suited to my riding.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Will interested in what tyres the Tracer comes with. I reckon the sport touring tyres will be better suited to my riding.
Tracer is equiped with Dunlop D222..... actually i saw today a brand new MT-09 2015 model Race Blue in my dealer that is fitted with..... D214... (from Dunlop's stock i suppose..).

Spot

Reaction score
Mine came with the Dunlops and I actually quite liked them in the dry and was happy to hoon around like a nutter.
In the wet they scared me silly though :D
Because of so many recommendations from people on here, I replaced them with PR4s when the Dunlops wore out (3,000 miles) and they're great in the wet but in the dry I find they're a bit slow to warm up and i'm just not as confident.
Think i'll go for Pirellis next time....