dunlops

flydnb

Reaction score
how many miles did you guys with dunlops get before you had to change, my rear tyre is starting to look low on only 2300 miles.

MOZSIPAHI

Reaction score
how many miles did you guys with dunlops get before you had to change, my rear tyre is starting to look low on only 2300 miles.
I am on 3000kms and they are still brand new. 2600kms of this has been ride on long trips (on 3 days). So I was not so hard on the tires.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I'm doing whellies and not burn-outs or donuts and i like to recline my bike all way down.
So. 5000km Dunlops still seems new, nice round crown, chicken strips not at all (even on front).
I'm satisfied with them, hope they'll stay on bike for more than 10000km..

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Woow, what am I doing wrong? I hope to reach 4500km!
Then I want Bridgestone S20 Evo on my baby.

Partridge

Reaction score
I'm coming up for 2000 miles. The rear is getting close to the wear markers in the middle. Will try and make them last out the summer then get something like the pilot road 4's for the winter

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Well my Dunlop rear lasted 2000 miles and then it was shot. My thought was stick another rear in and the front and rear would probably need replacing at the same time but now at 2800 miles the front is past the wear markers and needs replacing!!!!

Been offered a good deal on some Pirelli diablo stradas so sticking a set of those on before my trip to sunny Scotland!!!

Anyone out there tried these????

Cheers daps:cool:

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
So, i think that the tire wear is a matter of how good quality the tarmac is.
When you run on new tarmac the tires wear faster than when you run on old and shiny tarmac that most of the roads and streets in my country have..
Same i bellieve happened with my "neighbour" Mozsipahi, with roads in similar condition as here.
Allthough it is mostly a matter of different driving style... and driving skills of the rider of course..

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
I have just covered 2300 miles with the Bridgestones
and they are in need of replacement. I'm having
Michelin road pilot 4 fitted tomorrow so will
see how I get on with these

Schultzy

Reaction score
I have 6500km on my s20, they probably have 1000-2000k more in them. 2/3rds commuting, 1/3 twisties.
Pirelli Angel GT on the way for when this ones flat lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stunva

Reaction score
I got 2500ks or so out of the rear, the front's fine for at least double that and some.

I put a Q2 on the back and it's going to last about 2000, maybe 2500ks.

That's about all I ever get out of any of my tires though so I'm happy with that.

I like the softer tires even if it means replacing them more often.

Birdy

Reaction score
Rear was toast at 2200 , but replaced at 2900 because i am a tight bstard....Avon 3D on back ,4600 still looks new ! Front still ok......ish

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
I found out that that the increasement of the temperature effects the tire wear as well..
Just a small 5km ride and i feel the Dunlops very hot when i put my hand on them.
OK, they are very stable and they handles as "chewing gum" on tarmac but i allways have to be careful not to overheat them in unusless burn-outs that could been when i open the throttle a little bit more on the first 5 gears...

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ordered a new PR4 rear this afternoon. 4000 miles and its just started to square off. 3mm till the wear markers but hate the feeling of tipping it into the corners on a square tyre lol. Front is looking awesome still tho... :)

Birdy

Reaction score
Ordered a new PR4 rear this afternoon. 4000 miles and its just started to square off. 3mm till the wear markers but hate the feeling of tipping it into the corners on a square tyre lol. Front is looking awesome still tho... :)
Im the same TT....i hate the feeling of cracking open my wallet :eek:

carsicchris

Reaction score
Done 700miles on my Dunlop shite, took them off and put s20 evos absolutely brilliant no wobbles stiffen up suspension and your away, playing with the sport bike boys ride a bit harsh but I can put up with that £232 to loose rims.

Pool Boy

Reaction score
2500 miles and down to the wear markers on the rear (front looks OK for another couple of thou)

PR4 on Friday ready for a weekend away

Anyone mixed tyre makes?
Any problems ?

Bestbike

Reaction score
Bestbike

2400 miles.
Dunlop Roadsmart lll *now fitted to rear and Dunlop Roadsmart fitted to front. *