Dzjiepie's MT-09

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
What do I want next? Good question. Here it comes
A bugspoiler to hide the most ugly muffler I have ever seen (tips anyone?)
A Tail tidy
Led lights in the fake airintakes
An undertray
Led blinkers
And I'm sure I come up with other goodies in time.

Stripy

Reaction score
Dzjiepie,

This looks just thrilling and stunning. Love the hand guards, woof!

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Test was ok. Of course the temperature doesn't go up, but the cold wind is gone.
I don't regret this purchase.

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Today, I hade some project's on the agenda.
Bar-end mirrors mounted on the Acerbis hand guards.
Connection for the Optimate 3.
New plateholder.
Oxford heated handgrips.
Pics are following.

j4ybee

Reaction score
I like what you've done with the horn! Simple yet has a good effect.

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
Does the horn still project sound forwards? I know this would probably not pass a road test in Norway.

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Does the horn still project sound forwards? I know this would probably not pass a road test in Norway.
The sound goes sideways now. In The Netherlands we have no road tests or any other regulation regarding the horn. The Dutch governement wants a yearly inspection for all bikes. The European governement has up untill now forbidden this inspection. In case of a approval of this inspection every bike has to stay as the manufacturer build it.
No mods will be allowed. Or you have to buid your bike back to original before going to the inspection.

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
The sound goes sideways now. In The Netherlands we have no road tests or any other regulation regarding the horn. The Dutch governement wants a yearly inspection for all bikes. The European governement has up untill now forbidden this inspection. In case of a approval of this inspection every bike has to stay as the manufacturer build it.
No mods will be allowed. Or you have to buid your bike back to original before going to the inspection.
I've heard about that! But I thought that the Germans and French were all up in that alley... FEMA and their sister organization NMCU here in Norway are naturally against the directive.

The reason i ask is that the horn is a part of your ability to communicate with other riders/drivers, and if the sound comes from the side, it may be confusing to people in a potentially dangerous situation.

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
I've heard about that! But I thought that the Germans and French were all up in that alley... FEMA and their sister organization NMCU here in Norway are naturally against the directive.

The reason i ask is that the horn is a part of your ability to communicate with other riders/drivers, and if the sound comes from the side, it may be confusing to people in a potentially dangerous situation.
I am a biker for 35 years now and I have never used my horn to "communicate" with others. I drive in a sporty but defensive way. I look far ahead of me and see tricky situations coming up. Time enough to slow down.
When Yamaha-san left the horn out, I think I won't notice it.
That's one of the reasons I relocated the horn. What I don't use, I don't want to see ;)

Credry

Reaction score
Really? is there not much traffic where you are? Or maybe do the car drivers in Holland use their mirrors and head check? That would be nice....
To be honest this is one of the things I don't like about this bike, the horn button is in a funny place and I can't seem to find it when I need it.

Stripy

Reaction score
the horn button is in a funny place and I can't seem to find it when I need it.
I KNOW IT!!! It is the "Don't like"-button that is missing on Facebook, too!
They're never there when you need them ;)
Lol

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Really? is there not much traffic where you are? Or maybe do the car drivers in Holland use their mirrors and head check? That would be nice....
To be honest this is one of the things I don't like about this bike, the horn button is in a funny place and I can't seem to find it when I need it.
Where I live, there are a few big city's such as Gent and Antwerp. For the rest we have losts af fields, countryroads and little villages with lots of space between them. I hate riding on Highway's so I usually ride on smaller roads.

I think they forgot the hornbutton and popped in on the very last moment.
Way too close to the blinkerbutton.

Dzjiepie

Reaction score
Some math

Acerbis hand guards + Oxford heated grips = Bull's Eye!!!!!!!!!

Tested this combination yesterday. Power of the grips was 50%. With a temperature of 8 degrees C it worked great.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Don't you have any blind bend corners over there ? The horn can be used to notify other road users of your presence before they even see you.
The button is OK, well it's better than where it was on my 800BMW !