Eco Mode

Banksy

Reaction score
When the ECO thing lights on the dash I think I read that the bike is running at about 14.7 to1 air fuel ratio...?

When It goes out it richens up... Is this the time when adjusting the CO setting on the dash has an effect :confused:

Reactions: RBC

Banksy

Reaction score
So... The ways to get the right air/fuel ratio for max power are???? Power Commander?? Or ECU re flash?? How does the re flash compare price wise to the PC?

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Simons flash.... Far cheaper I reckon.... PCV £300 ish, fitting £ or DIY, then I assume lots of testing to suit you

Simons £183... Save the £££ and get more MT09 Bling.... Lol.... TT will add more, he's had both.... I'm sure he will opt for flash anyday of the weak..

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Correct...Lol. flash is way cheaper, easier and less hassle..
If u get the aftermarket flash u can directly load a PCV map onto ur ecu which will save u ££££'s and about 3-4 hours of tuning

Banksy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys.. Been reading my way through the ECU re flash thread and it's the way i'll go I think.. Make a nice road trip up to Newbury to have it done too....

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys.. Been reading my way through the ECU re flash thread and it's the way i'll go I think.. Make a nice road trip up to Newbury to have it done too....
It takes some reading.... Filtering thru Official and Simons... I've had the official flash, but, will have Simons when I get carbon Akraphobic next year..... Just had to shell out on a new vehicle for work so will save thru winter months....

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well if there's anything u need to know just ask, no need to filter thru the threads lol

flipper

Reaction score
14.7:1 may give you perfect combustion but you'll melt your engine fairly quickly. Engine designers run them slightly rich for good reason.