ECU update

Darrenbiker

Reaction score
Was at the Scottish bike show today, Yamaha had a dark side tour display. Got yapping to one of the guys on the stand about my MT09's snatchy throttle. He said ( unofficialy ) Yamaha are releasing a ECU reflash to Uk dealers in the next few weeks, plus all new bike will come updated. To prove his point he gave me a test ride of 40 min on his updated demo bike..... Long story short the bike was spot on! He recommended checking the weekly motorcycle rag for an official announcement shortly.

relz

Reaction score
Sounds good. Let us know when it's reached the UK dealers, so that I can start badgering my local dealer to keep an eye out for it too.

Bon

Reaction score
Sounds like they are actually LISTENING to what owners [and press] are saying.
Lets face it, in this day and age of technology, it should never have been released like it is.
Don't get me wrong, I love my empty, but find myself on occasion concentrating more on being very careful on opening the throttle out of roundabouts [we have MILLIONS of them in MK !] rather than driving out of them smoothly. I was going to go down the PCV or re-flash road but ill wait till we see what they are offering.
This is my first FI bike so im still used to the good old [smooth] Carburettor engines.
My first triple too and am loving the torque.

Darrenbiker

Reaction score
I've just fitted a throttle tamer which has made a huge improvement, but the bike I rode today was superb as standard.

Darrenbiker

Reaction score
To be honest I couldn't tell it was a guided test ride so couldn't go to much past the speed limit. I can confirm it was very smooth in all modes which made the power more accessible.

Spot

Reaction score
Question - As I have a Power Commander fitted, if the dealer decided to update my ECU at the next service would i need to go back to the dyno and get my PCV map adjusted?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Question - As I have a Power Commander fitted, if the dealer decided to update my ECU at the next service would i need to go back to the dyno and get my PCV map adjusted?
Yes u wud spot. It will over rite the PCV map

Locksmith

Reaction score
ooooh a free of charge reflash :)

If it does the job any takers for a G2 :D

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I may have to go test ride one of these new ecu update bike
We have just had 2 new ones come in last week as replacements for 2 we sold. Gonna have a smoke on both of them and see wot they're like... One thing I have noticed tho..... The 07 is as smooth as fcuk....!

Mitch

Reaction score
Just hope that have not compromised on the power at all let us know how u get on tt

Darrenbiker

Reaction score
We have just had 2 new ones come in last week as replacements for 2 we sold. Gonna have a smoke on both of them and see wot they're like... One thing I have noticed tho..... The 07 is as smooth as fcuk....!
I'm not sure when this flash was / will be effective perhaps some new bikes have been shipped with old software? Do you work at a dealer TT ?

scotscoot09

Reaction score
I can second that. I was at the Edinburgh show too and was speaking to guy at the MT owners car park. He didn't divulge too much info but I managed to squeeze some info out of him,
I told him I wants a pc5. He told me to save my cash basically because there's gna be an updated map shortly, he said it'll TAME the bike down.
And once it has been done there ain't no going back.
Something to think about guys.
Remember , it's an 850 torque monster that weighs 180kg ish,
It isn't meant to be gentle and tame. It's meant to be thrilling and aggressive to keep you on your toes , which it does.
I only want a PC5 because I'm certain mine is running lean due to my custom exhaust mod , not to reduce the sensitivity of the throttle, I would recommend the throttle tamer or the air filter that people have fitted , if it works , good, and it can always be removed. The Yamaha updated map CANNOT be removed,
Although I dare say it will be removable some way but how much will it cost £££
Just my 2 pennies though

Mitch

Reaction score
Don't like the idear if it been tamed at all its 90% perfect as is .... I can't see how that can't remove it if they can re write it once they can do it again .... I think what they mean to say is it only free once

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure when this flash was / will be effective perhaps some new bikes have been shipped with old software? Do you work at a dealer TT ?
My mate owns a Yamaha/suzuki dealership and I help out in there loads. I test lots of kit etc and get to have a smoke on all the new bikes that come in.
That's how I can get "most" things a lot cheaper or know someone who can...!
He scratches my back an I scratch his so to speak lol

Darrenbiker

Reaction score
My mate owns a Yamaha/suzuki dealership and I help out in there loads. I test lots of kit etc and get to have a smoke on all the new bikes that come in.
That's how I can get "most" things a lot cheaper or know someone who can...!
He scratches my back an I scratch his so to speak lol
That's a very fortunate position to be in lol.