engine cut out

jay86jay

Reaction score
brought my mt last year brand new. after about a month it kept cutting out. at first i put it down to my own in experience but it started to happen a lot when coming to a stop even if i was fully clutched in. i sent it back and a week later they still thought nothing was wrong with it and had just played about with the clutch and throttle.
anyway had no problems since until yesterday. this time i was in first gear doing about 15mph coming up to some traffic lights. throttle was little but still engaged and pulling me along and all of a sudden she died on me . no chugging or spluttering .any ideas ?

stevecbr

Reaction score
Never had that problem with mine, but I am aware of a problem with the key not being fully turned on, and it vibrates itself off. Its not helped by the fact some people have lots of keys on a bunch, and also the keylock not being in a particularly easy place to get to

jay86jay

Reaction score
yeah i thought of that after i got going again but the key was still in place , dont keep anything on my key. its due a service so i will mention it but just strange

relz

Reaction score
I had the sane problem when my bike was new. At my first maintenance the mechanic did a throttle body sync, and it's never happened since. I dont know if he also did anything else, that helped...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

jay86jay

Reaction score
think that's what they did with mine. like i said it has been fine for 8 or 9 months now . Sunday was just a bit strange and not sure what it was. as its due the second service in 100 mile and we had been out of a pretty fast ride to horseshoe pass i was worried that i had pushed her too hard so close to the service. but i am just another newbie speculating

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would ask them to sync the bodies on the service. I think it might just need a little tweaking