Engine Protectors

l34chy

Reaction score
Well I have been considering engine protection for a while now got all the crash bungs fitted.
So I have fitted woodcraft engine covers before and I know from experience they work more than the nylon bolton external protectors.
Biketorque racing are the sole supplier as far as I know and they don't show them in their listing but I do know they make them.
60-0409RC-1_800.jpg60-0409LC (1).jpg
All the woodcraft gear is made from 6061 aluminium they are not cheap but with engine armour it's important to me that it works.
Anyone fitted covers and fallen off with no damage to the engines?

lee1980

Reaction score
I have just ordered my mt, so looking for frame/engine protection for all the what ifs, i had them on nearly every bike so far, last on my cbr500r bike was still write off due to front left impact and fairing costs.
Will also probably get a GAP policy if it pays out this time.
Liking Sato racing a lot pricy had them on my mt-01 to.

flipper

Reaction score
SW Motech have some decent looking protectors for the engine covers. May be another option. TBH the bolt on bungs haven't saved my bikes from damage in the past.

Mat Still

Reaction score
I've got R&G.....looks good to me..... hopefully never find out

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The SW Motech sliders that span the two front mounts are very good. They stopped my bike from a lot of damage when the Porsche tried killing her

l34chy

Reaction score
I have got r&g frame protectors but i'm looking at engine protection if your bike goes down and slides the engine cases will go down and you don't want stones and any other shit getting in to the engine.
still looking at getting the woodcraft protection as i know they work my r6 went down 120mph coming out of Mcleans at donnington park and all it did was grind the slide plate that is replaceable

Glennholmes

Reaction score
The SW Motech sliders that span the two front mounts are very good. They stopped my bike from a lot of damage when the Porsche tried killing her
Mate, I'm trying to get these for mine, I contacted SW Motech in Germany and tried to order them but they passed my order on to a UK distributor in Odiham/Basingstoke area but I've not heard back from them. Do you have details of where you got yours from please.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got mine from the same company as you in Alton. They do take a while to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I had the official Yamaha crash protectors fitted when picking my bike up
20170502_170332.jpg20170502_170329.jpg