Engine rattle

bungster01

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have noticed that I have an engine rattle between 2 and 3000 rpm, anyone else heard this?? Will mention it to dealer next Monday during service and defect rectification but am expecting 'that's a characteristic of the bike' reply. Any thoughts would be appreciated

My Toy

Reaction score
CCT ?

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I have to agree with Mr Toy.. Cam Chain Tensioner is possible to need change with the newer version but... first the mechanic must screw it one and a half turn in (the most) and if after some miles the rattling appear again then only the change is the sollution.
The strange is that Yamaha hash't had fix it yet..

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I would have thought that the Tracer should have the updated CCT, not sure but does the updated one have a white dot on it..

fizzy

Reaction score
I would have thought that the Tracer should have the updated CCT, not sure but does the updated one have a white dot on it..
Yes mate the latest one has the white do on it, thought the Tracer would be sorted tho

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dot color seems to not matter... But I would say CCT as well. Even the newest ones can go bad.

bungster01

Reaction score
600 Mile service (£41) and gear shaft recall done. Now confirmed that the CCT is rattling and dealer is contacting Yamaha for the way ahead! Simple to me....get it sorted!

Delnari

Reaction score
Report back after a good 500 miles on the new CCT and see if she stays quiet. I have new manually adjustable one sitting in the package waiting to be installed once the rattle gets to bad for me to listen too.

Dala

Reaction score
Mine started to rattle at about 900ks, dealer denied any sound at the 1000k service but now 2 weeks on at 2000ks they couldn't deny it, they nipped it up and it's quietened down for now and they are ordering in the replacement newer part.

I'll check back in down the track an report on the fix.