Evotech levers

pipski99

Reaction score
Birthday gift to myself arrived today. Ok it's a few days early and I've opened the box and had a look at them but they're not going on the bike yet as I'm working nights.

They're gonna look super great fine smashing on the bike :D

20140206_223013.jpg
20140206_223044.jpg
20140206_223135.jpg
20140206_223218.jpg

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
I'm waiting for mine to arrive. Should be here next week. I bought the shorties and their radiator guard too :) can't wait to get the goodies on the bike

FreakyFreak

pipski99

Reaction score
I have just realized there are no fitting instructions for the levers either on the Evotech site or in the box. Bugger! Looks like it's going to be work it out yourself time.

They have a difficulty rating of 2 and no instructions where most of the other gear I bought was difficulty 1 and had instructions.

stevecbr

Reaction score
I dont think it will be to hard to work out how they go. Just make sure you remember to put the bolt back in the pivot hole, and replace the nut, you dont want your brake lever falling off!:D

pipski99

Reaction score
I fitted them this morning when I got home from work and I had to take them both off after fitting them first time as I had made a mistake when fitting them both.

The brake lever first, fitted it, put the screw back in and the nut on the bottom then realized the brake lever switch wasn't located so stuck out of the side of the lever - had to take the lever off and fit it again, making sure the switch was located first.

The clutch lever next, removed old one, fitted new one and tightened up the nut then thought the lever was very loose and had a lot of movement. Then realized there's a spacer (sleeve / shim, whatever you want to call it) in the old lever which should have been fitted back inside the new one before fitting it. So take the clutch lever off again, fit the spacer and refit the lever.

If this is your first time fitting levers (like me) you may not know these things so hope this helps somebody else without instructions.

Chuffed to bits with the look of them on the bike but didn't have time to get out and ride today.

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
The fitting instructions can be found if you use the instructions of another bike, say a Yamaha XJ6 for example. It's all the same.

FreakyFreak

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shud take u 5 mins really...
I have noticed tho that evotech products Never come with any fitting/installing instructions.

Things like the levers, front and back spindle bobbins, chain guard etc I fitted were simple but the Rad Guard was a whole different story..!
Lots of effin and jeffin, scratching heads and pacing the workshop was done before it got worked out. Very intricate but it looks freakin awesome now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipski99

Reaction score
Shud take u 5 mins really...
I have noticed tho that evotech products Never come with any fitting/installing instructions.

Things like the levers, front and back spindle bobbins, chain guard etc I fitted were simple but the Rad Guard was a whole different story..!
Lots of effin and jeffin, scratching heads and pacing the workshop was done before it got worked out. Very intricate but it looks freakin awesome now lol
Most of what I got from Evotech either came with instructions in the packet or there are instructions on their web site or both but nothing for the levers. I did work it out and it did only take around 20 minutes and that was having to take them both off and refit them again when I realized my mistake.

Also I found the Evotech rad guard really easy to fit :p

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shit me ur up early lol.

Was it the rad guard that wraps around the sides??

None of the evotech stuff ive had has come with fitting instructions. Not a biggy tho I guess...! We like a challenge lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipski99

Reaction score
Shit me ur up early lol.

Was it the rad guard that wraps around the sides??
I was up early as I was getting to the end of a 12 hour night shift so I hadn't bee to bed yet.
Yea it's the rad guard with the 2 brackets which mount at the back of the rad then the grill mounts at the sides.

Did you get a the free torch I did with mine
Nope, no torch with mine. It says on the site free torch with orders over £75 but didn't get one with my levers.

Birdy

Reaction score
TT and pipski , i found the rad guard a bit of a twat to fit , only way i could do it was rad brackets under existing bracket, couldnt get bolts to line up otherwise ? I am proud of myself that my lump hammer stayed in toolbox :D

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was up early as I was getting to the end of a 12 hour night shift so I hadn't bee to bed yet.
Yea it's the rad guard with the 2 brackets which mount at the back of the rad then the grill mounts at the sides.

Nope, no torch with mine. It says on the site free torch with orders over £75 but didn't get one with my levers.
I won't get anything like that as all my stuff goes on account..! I think it's only the "joe public" who get the bits like that. Torch etc hahaa

MT-09.... Wheelie wheelie awesome..!