exhaust

Olly

Reaction score
Which aftermarket exhaust does everyone recommend/have undecided what to get and not sure how many different ones there is?

MT09 Kiwi

Reaction score
Akrapovic Carbon, nice design which has a nice long secondary pipe after the collector, beautifully tucked away and a good deep sound, the Akra Ti is an utter plop design which tries to mimic the original exhaust but only works properly with the baffle in, take it out and the noise is utter shite, the carbon is generally cheaper, for best results get the ecu flashed or installed a PCV and get it tuned.

boro

Reaction score
Akrapovic Carbon, nice design which has a nice long secondary pipe after the collector, beautifully tucked away and a good deep sound, the Akra Ti is an utter plop design which tries to mimic the original exhaust but only works properly with the baffle in, take it out and the noise is utter shite, the carbon is generally cheaper, for best results get the ecu flashed or installed a PCV and get it tuned.
+1 to MT09 Kiwi and the Carbon Akra, great look and fantastic noise

Miles

Reaction score
I'd reccomend the Arrow Thunder system from experience. Makes a nice change from the common sight of the Yamaha/Akra partnership.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
I'd recommend saving your money, take the standard exhaust off, open it up, take out all the crap, stick a straight through pipe inside and put it back together.
I did this, cost me about £10, sounds great and you get the same 5 bhp increase as a £600 Akrapovic or Arrow :D

Swagger

Reaction score
If I hadn't gotten the Akrapovic thrown in for free I'd be off to Racefit or Austin Racing to have a system made up for me. Can't beat the quality of either of them.

Olly

Reaction score
If I hadn't gotten the Akrapovic thrown in for free I'd be off to Racefit or Austin Racing to have a system made up for me. Can't beat the quality of either of them.
Thanks everyone, swagger do you know rough costs for race fit or Austin?

Swagger

Reaction score
... do you know rough costs for race fit or Austin? ...
They're not cheap these boys. Give them a call ... they're always happy to get creative.

Olly

Reaction score
They're not cheap these boys. Give them a call ... they're always happy to get creative.
Do you know anyone on here that has a race fit? Iv sent them an email, Id probably use them as only 20min away from me if the price is not ridiculous

Swagger

Reaction score
I've not seen anyone on here with a Racefit system. I had one for a ZX10 and I know people with various makes of machine with them. The workmanship is superb. They don't mass produce so you may pay a slight premium if you go for a full system. If you're prepared to use your bike as a development mule they'll probably sort you out favourably.