F@#k it!!!!

sigtrm

Reaction score
Hey, we have solution, MT Account just PMed me with this solution of his, it is 3m PROTECTIVE PILLOW, you can buy it all over ebay.

8x6.jpg

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do I have to have it with the red 3M writing?
I'm not a fan of red unless it's someone's blood.....;)

M

MT account

.........looks more like a panty liner to me.................

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Last Sunday 1st of March, i had a small crash by a car at the garage of my job's building.
This happened when i was overtaken a car driven by a young woman who had came for her first day in job.
I was back of her car when she gets in the garage and she reduce speed as (i imagine) she was looking for parking... then i overtook her car from its right side, when sudenly she turn right -no signal- and hit me on my left shoe with the front bumper...
An instictly countersteering movement at the handlebars saved me from a surelly crash on another parked car at my right side and helped me to stay on bike !
The result of this "impact" is wrapped side stand and left footrest... Salomon shoes protected my foot allthough.
Me and the woman did a "friendly state" to our insurance companies and tomorow i'll go to dealer for bike's inspection by insurance's inspector.
The price for those damages is 51 euros for the side stand, 30 euros for footrest and 19 euros for working hour.. 100 euros for all.
I left the best for the end:
I always riding on high-beam lights all day till sunset just to be more visible.
Last Sunday just a few seconds before crash i decided to put-off high beam for not to annoy the driver of that car.
In case that high-beam remained on i think that she had realized my presence.
So my advice is that: "High beam lights are saving riders lives" !!!

sigtrm

Reaction score
No, carbon akrapovic w/o db killer saves lives, ;-)

sigtrm

Reaction score
OK, i agree but what if the driver is deff or is listening loud music with the windows closed ?
High beam on is safer way, according many experts, cause there aren't any blind drivers (yet)...
You are so wrong there are as many blind as def drivers. ;-) you have one example ;-)

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
lol no [emoji51] She's only 10 Stone anyway but both of us combined are 22.5 stone + gear, going by what happened with just me on there the MT would probably have fallen apart with both of us on board.
I know this is an old post but i wonder whether there is some differences between Australaian model and euro model or whether by time I bought my MT there had been some tweaks made (bought mine mid 2014 while there was a waiting list for them here so we were getting our's fresh of the boat from japan?)

Anyway back to my point... I'm a big bloke 6'1" currently 125kg in my birthday suit (TMI) when i picked up my bike the suspension was set to full soft, in my excitement i rode around on the bike like this for a while with out to much problem, it was a little scary the way it bounced and wobbled when throwing it through a corner.

While playing with the suspension I set it to full hard front and back and it was a fucking harsh ride.

my final adjustments for the suspension are:

Front: Preload - 5mm out from full hard Damping - half turn out from full hard

Rear; Preload - 6 Damping - 1 turn out from full hard

Tyre pressure: 33/36

I took the bike out on a tight Motard type track with very tight up hill and down hill turns, hair pins etc. and I had no trouble with bottoming out. I also ride regularly through a National park here in Sydney known as the Nasho, it is a pretty rough road, lots of dips, potholes etc. and again no issues bottoming out. The settings also sorted out stability in corners which was obvious as full soft was ridiculous for my weight and riding experience.

It's impossible for anyone to know how hard I ride or not but to give some idea I have no chicken strips on my tyres front or back, I've removed the peg feelers and still touch the pegs down on corners and doing double our corner advisor speeds is cruising for me.

With my suspension adjusted the way it currently is I have no plans to upgrade or change the suspension, its not perfect but for the price of the bike it is good enough and for the wide variety of uses the bike has (commuting, track, mountain roads) the suspension is in my opinion is adequate

Last edited:

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
I 'm 70kg, 1,73cm and today i reduce the preload at the back shock to 4 (std) from 5 (which i had it since 1000km service, now 14000km) and let the rebound fully slow as it was.
My front settings are, no preload (6 rings showing), rebound 1/4 from fully slow.
I set it from 5 to 4 when i realize that the bike has not any static sag at 5, when it gets +1cm at 4.. (static sag = no rider on) and i can turn easier with more speed.
Next step is to put thicker fork oil.
My PR4s hasn;t have any chicken strips except those at the profile of front .
Insurance will pay for stand and footrest base..
Last fact is that dna filter breath better when in A-mode and i use it in A for more every moment fun !
My bike is still in standard 2014 base map and i'm happy with that.. is not so snatchy to flash it.

Last edited:

marthy

Reaction score
First thing you need to do is dump the oem shock and get an aftermarket one or a Kawi (ZX6RR or ZX-10)

You will never get anything out of the stock shock. Especially if you think about riding a bit agressivelly. Not being picky... more like a safety issue.

flipper

Reaction score
First thing you need to do is dump the oem shock and get an aftermarket one or a Kawi (ZX6RR or ZX-10)

You will never get anything out of the stock shock. Especially if you think about riding a bit agressivelly. Not being picky... more like a safety issue.
hear, hear. adequate it ain't.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score

Thanks for your advise Marthy, stock shock is a crap that is absolutelly correct !
I've learn about Kawa shocks.. i would put an Ohlins but first i've got to fix my Forester's rear suspension by putting coilovers BC Racing..
In April i'll put thicker oil at forks and arrange the rear shock issue on summer.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Had my 1yr service today and the Yamaha tech softened my preload and asked why I had it so stiff, so I told him my Akra hit the floor and he said that the very first Akras were withdrawn as they hit the floor, they redesigned them apparently. Does anyone know anything about that? Maybe I got an early Akra that had slipped through the cracks?

He softened the rear up and advised that I soften the front up a bit to match but obviously now it's likely to hit the floor again [emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had my 1yr service today and the Yamaha tech softened my preload and asked why I had it so stiff, so I told him my Akra hit the floor and he said that the very first Akras were withdrawn as they hit the floor, they redesigned them apparently. Does anyone know anything about that? Maybe I got an early Akra that had slipped through the cracks?

He softened the rear up and advised that I soften the front up a bit to match but obviously now it's likely to hit the floor again [emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone
So now ur tech knows ur weight and riding style....!
Wot a very clever tech he is. If he had pissed about with my suspension without my say so I wud of fired a load of fooks right into him.
With regards to the akrapovič. There are two versions. The first is a 3 piece system and the 2nd is a 2 piece. They both are exactly the same height from the ground.

RipGroove

Reaction score
So now ur tech knows ur weight and riding style....!
Wot a very clever tech he is. If he had pissed about with my suspension without my say so I wud of fired a load of fooks right into him.
With regards to the akrapovič. There are two versions. The first is a 3 piece system and the 2nd is a 2 piece. They both are exactly the same height from the ground.
Wonder why mine hit the floor then?! And yeah I was a bit put out that he'd messed with it but on the hand I'm no expert myself so figured I may as well give his ideas a go. The bloody exhaust is already dented now anyway.

Am I right in thing race sag should be 1/3 or the total travel?

Sent from my iPhone

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wonder why mine hit the floor then?! And yeah I was a bit put out that he'd messed with it but on the hand I'm no expert myself so figured I may as well give his ideas a go. The bloody exhaust is already dented now anyway.

Am I right in thing race sag should be 1/3 or the total travel?

Sent from my iPhone
I can't remember off the top of my head what the sag shud be. There was a thread in it about a year ago if I remember correctly lol