Finally.... New Zorst on order

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Just bit the bullet, ordered Akra Titanium (didn't want one as loud as carbon), before the price increase in January... Got a good deal I reckon £713 delivered, no import duty.... Thank you Carpimoto (Italy)

Come on Jan 8th, FedEx, I love you....

fizzy

Reaction score
Just bit the bullet, ordered Akra Titanium (didn't want one as loud as carbon), before the price increase in January... Got a good deal I reckon £713 delivered, no import duty.... Thank you Carpimoto (Italy)

Love mine just be careful of speed humps a going up kerbs ...can easily bottom out ,, best pipe for the MT in my humble opinion;) enjoy Mate

marksim

Reaction score

Carpimoto are a great firm to deal with and offer great advice and back up service if you ever need it.
Very competative pricing
,ive used them several times for various stuff and just got a couple of Brembo RCS master cylinders from them,which arrived within the week.

Last edited:

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Can't wait now..... They are posting either 2nd or 5th.. Then 3 business days... So hopefully the 8th, got some rad side guards, genuine yamaha ones, on order too!

Better get the tools ready.....

boro

Reaction score
Yay! The nice FedEx man did bring me more gifts....

View attachment 2534 View attachment 2535

Let us know how you get on and your thoughts.
I fitted a Akro Carbon last night and the sound is way better and louder than the youtube clips,I never fitted the baffle as it would be a pain to remove once it is all together.
Also the fitting wasn't quite as described in the instructions, seemed to gloss over the foot peg and associated bracket (which is behind the foot peg).
Downside is I'm packing today as we go on holiday tomorrow for two weeks so won't get a decent ride for a while.
Have to say that the sound is truly addictive, plus love the popping on the over run.
IMG_20150110_135522722[1].jpg
IMG_20150110_135543906[1].jpg
IMG_20150110_135603428_HDR[1].jpg
IMG_20150110_135623112[1].jpg

Last edited:

kevxtx

Reaction score
My Akra carbon is on the way can't wait, will head to the Dyno for a custom PCV map when it is fitted & will share the map.

boro

Reaction score
My Akra carbon is on the way can't wait, will head to the Dyno for a custom PCV map when it is fitted & will share the map.

Great plan, I'm waiting to take mine to the local shop where one of the mech's has an MT09 and run it on the dyno see how it comes out, verses the Akro claims.
Not sure I'll go the PCV route unless funds allow, exhaust and suspension have emptied my funds.

I had 1hr ride today (yes should have been packing for hols) and she kept lifting the front without trying, even at 4-5k, Just little ones but didn't happen before without trying.
Also seemed to be a bit more urgent than normal and I never came out of STD mode.
Can't wait to get back and catch up with my mate on his Aprillia 2014 Tuono and see if the new suspension and exhaust make a difference on a run.