First Track Day

Credry

Reaction score
I was just getting towards the 1600kms fully run in stage, so I thought a track day might be in order.
My local track is Barbagallo in Perth and it was due for 39 degrees for the day.
IMG_1539.jpg
I did the first session and to be honest thought the bike was lacking a bit of punch..... Then I realised that I had left it in std.
So next session made sure I was in A mode and it was a blast, the MT held it's own very well against some top tier sports bikes on the straights and in the corners.
I did find out pretty quickly it was best to avoid some of the bumpier areas of the track at pace, but the track's generally pretty smooth overall so no major problems.
Overall very happy the bike felt good out there tracked through the corners well and surprised me some of the bikes it reeled in on the straights. ;)
trackday 4.jpg

Stripy

Reaction score
Oh, nice one!
Looks like you had fun that day!
Did you get rid of the chickenstrips?

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Superb action photo, their will be no chicken strips on those tyres.
Cold in NE England and even more rain forecast for the next few days, very envious.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Did some track days back in the late nineties at Cadwell and Mallory Park, I'd be up for it.
This was taken at Cadwell Park, fantastic circuit, very exciting, wasn't to struck on Mallory.