Fitted Heated Grips, Kliktronic Shifter and Muffs

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I have a partially paralysed left leg from a bike crash, so generally i can't really change gear. The MT-09 is the first bike I've ridden where i can actually change gears, i think its the relaxed leg angle. It was still uncomfortable and took over the whole riding experience, so i fitted my Kliktronic gear shifter this weekend. It didn't go 100% smoothly, but it works which is the main thing. I'll take the bits off (including the kkliktronic) and spray them up properly in the near future.

I also fitted the oxford heated grips. Word of warning, when fitting the throttle grip, make sure the cable end of the grip is rotated too far around the grip, as on full right lock it hits the tank and accelerates!!!

Lastly, my muffs :) I use these through winter. Coupled with the heated grips i have warm dry hands all winter just wearing my leather summer gloves.

Stripy

Reaction score
Job well done by the looks of it!
Where did you connect the heated grips to?
Are they of the new type, you can attach directly to the battery, which in turn then will automatically switch off, when bike is turned off?

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Yeah, they hook directly to the battery and turn themselves off

Job well done by the looks of it!
Where did you connect the heated grips to?
Are they of the new type, you can attach directly to the battery, which in turn then will automatically switch off, when bike is turned off?

Chris West

Reaction score
Hey Chris. It lets you change gear without the need for a gear selector used by the foot. I see ur in Basingstoke. I'm only up the road in Newbury.
So gear change is a button on the bars ? Brilliant!
Cool TT, so you are just a blast up the A339. one of my favourite roads. especially south of Basingrad!
It would be great to hook up for an MT ride out sometime :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So gear change is a button on the bars ? Brilliant!
Cool TT, so you are just a blast up the A339. one of my favourite roads. especially south of Basingrad!
It would be great to hook up for an MT ride out sometime :)
Yes it's a button on the bars. I love the A339, especially when it's dry lol

DevilsThorn

Reaction score
I also fitted the oxford heated grips. Word of warning, when fitting the throttle grip, make sure the cable end of the grip is rotated too far around the grip, as on full right lock it hits the tank and accelerates!!!
[/IMG][/URL]
Dumb question, what tool and size did you used to loosen the OEM grip end?
And what did you mean by not rotating to far? How do we tell the heated rips are correctly located?

Cheers,
Gerhard

Slappyhead

Reaction score
The oem bar ends need a big Allen key. Mine were on really tight. I think it was a 10mm.

compo

Reaction score
My bar muffs are worn out now, Ive had em about 10 yrs. The ones that you have look like good replacements. Who made them ?

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Hi Compo, they are Tucano Urbano ones. This is the third bike they have been on and i really recommend them !!

compo

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Crotchrocket. Seems they have a dealer near me so I`ll go and have a look at them at weekend.

Stripy

Reaction score
Hi Compo, and welcome to this madhouse :D

Where are you based in NW, and most important, have you got your MT yet? :)

compo

Reaction score
Hello SuperMotoBoy.
I live not far from Warrington and I don`t have an MT yet. I was thinking of getting one last year but I managed to talk a mate of mine into selling me his Z1, so the MT funds have dissappeared. Maybe next year....
I keep looking on here to see if the MT has any problems as it`s a totally new bike and it looks like the only fault is the cam chain adjuster which no doubt will soon be fettled.

Birdy

Reaction score
Mr crotch , your bike looks brill ! Looks like a mad London couriers setup from the 80s ! Wow those are huge muffs, much bigger than my tech 7s, at first glance i thought you may have crashed into a school bus stop and still had some poor kids anoraks hanging off the bars ! Cool :cool:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mr crotch , your bike looks brill ! Looks like a mad London couriers setup from the 80s ! Wow those are huge muffs, much bigger than my tech 7s, at first glance i thought you may have crashed into a school bus stop and still had some poor kids anoraks hanging off the bars ! Cool :cool:
Birdy I have literally just pissed myself reading this post. Anoraks??? Priceless lol