Flash to pass wiring

Mustangdude

Reaction score
I'm trying to wire my garage door remote control to the flash to pass switch.

But the wiring isn't making sense to me.

At the switch there are two wires, one is pink with a yellow trace & the other is white with a yellow trace.

But at the other end at the plug behind the headlight the pink wire is the only one there, the other wire is missing even thought both wires disappear down the conduit from the flash to pass switch.

P1030082.jpg
P1030079.jpg

The manual gives two different colours at the switch.

I want to cut the existing wires and solder the remote wires in place.

Has anyone done this mod?

RipGroove

Reaction score
I think there is a guide somewhere on FZ09.org website.

Sent from my iPhone

Fluke

Reaction score
Dude!
That's a bit James Bond.
I'd be happy just working out how to press my horn without cancelling my indicators:confused:

sigtrm

Reaction score
I'm trying to wire my garage door remote control to the flash to pass switch.

But the wiring isn't making sense to me.

At the switch there are two wires, one is pink with a yellow trace & the other is white with a yellow trace.

But at the other end at the plug behind the headlight the pink wire is the only one there, the other wire is missing even thought both wires disappear down the conduit from the flash to pass switch.

View attachment 2916
View attachment 2917

The manual gives two different colours at the switch.

I want to cut the existing wires and solder the remote wires in place.

Has anyone done this mod?
Which mt-09 ?

sigtrm

Reaction score
Hmm, I can't find pink/yellow wire on lighting wiring diagram;-)

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Dude!
That's a bit James Bond.
I'd be happy just working out how to press my horn without cancelling my indicators:confused:
Ha! Ha! I do the same... A bit annoying! It makes people look... Luv the idea of the garage remote...

Mustangdude

Reaction score
Which MT09?

I'm not sure what you mean, it's a Yamaha 2014 MT09.

I have an FZ workshop manual and the wiring colours are different to my bike.

It's got me stuffed.

Hunter

Reaction score
2014 MT09/MT09E

No 75 (pass switch)

I'm never keen on butchering a wiring harness for no reason, why don't you just use a push button switch soldered in the the remote contact and mount the switch in the compartment under the seat with velco ?

The things you do when you're bored... lol

Last edited:

Mustangdude

Reaction score
switch

Hey Hunter,

I will probably do the same as you have. One problem is they don't make a waterproof mini switch.

Where did you get yours and where is it mounted?

Thanks

Hunter

Reaction score
I just used a switch I had in my tool box, but Jaycar have a good selection of switches

This one will do the job..

I mounted it in the compartment in front of the battery, and used velco pads to secure the garage remote fob

Last edited:

Gaz2212

Reaction score
flash to pass wiring

Mustangdude

I have an mt07 but the wiring colours are the same, I have just done this and it works great, I will attach an image which hopefully is understandable
the reason you do not have the white/yellow wire at the plug is it joins together with the yellow wire in the switch harness
the way I have done this means the flash to pass still works, it does get quite involved as you do need to run an extra wire down the left switch harness
i have tried to be clear but any questions i will try to answer,

Attachments

sigtrm

Reaction score
Mustangdude

I have an mt07 but the wiring colours are the same, I have just done this and it works great, I will attach an image which hopefully is understandable
the reason you do not have the white/yellow wire at the plug is it joins together with the yellow wire in the switch harness
the way I have done this means the flash to pass still works, it does get quite involved as you do need to run an extra wire down the left switch harness
i have tried to be clear but any questions i will try to answer,
Nice, good to know, but....

Why diode?
Also mind that abs version has slightly different wiring afair.

Btw. What magnificent piece of software did you use to draw that circuit? M$ Paint?;-))) there are plenty free online editors starting from http://www.digikey.com/schemeit/ to full blown simulators.

.cheers.

Gaz2212

Reaction score
flash 2 pass

if you don't use the diode when you just turn on main beam whilst riding the relay will pull in thus making the garage remote transmit all the time and would soon flatten its battery
mine is also an abs bike but there is no difference with the wiring to the left switch gear whether its abs or not
used a cad program, dont see why an issue, just threw a drawing together to give you guys an idea
please sigtrm if this drawing is not clear or good enough for you, crack on and feel free to make a better one, just trying to help others and get critisised, remind me next time to not bother

Last edited:

sigtrm

Reaction score
if you don't use the diode when you just turn on main beam whilst riding the relay will pull in thus making the garage remote transmit all the time and would soon flatten its battery
mine is also an abs bike but there is no difference with the wiring to the left switch gear whether its abs or not
used a cad program, dont see why an issue, just threw a drawing together to give you guys an idea
please sigtrm if this drawing is not clear or good enough for you, crack on and feel free to make a better one, just trying to help others and get critisised, remind me next time to not bother
Mate chill down, why are you all so touchy. I was joking.
Thank you for effort and info, definitely useful one.

Regarding diode, wouldn't schottky be better? Just asking.

Gaz2212

Reaction score
no problem
yes schottky will work fine, main advantage there is less volt drop over a schottky diode so giving a faster switching speed
i used standard diode as the 0.7 volt drop over std diode is not an issue in this case and i have diodes readily available
schottky diode has roughly 0.15 volt drop
this application either will work fine

sigtrm

Reaction score
no problem
yes schottky will work fine, main advantage there is less volt drop over a schottky diode so giving a faster switching speed
i used standard diode as the 0.7 volt drop over std diode is not an issue in this case and i have diodes readily available
schottky diode has roughly 0.15 volt drop
this application either will work fine
Definitely normal diode is enough for electric circuit.

Anyway, regarding difference, reason I asked is that I saw there are two different wiring diagrams for abs and non abs models and pass switch is in different place and I thought with different wiring color.