Fog light mounting question

Tafy94

Reaction score
I've purchased a couple of the cree u5 foglamps (2pcs 125W 3000LM CREE U5 Motorcycle Motorbike Headlight LED Fog Spot Light Bulb | eBay), I'm figuring on making a pair of brackets to fit via the engine mounting points similar to crash bungs. I'm wondering if using acetal (Delrin) or nylon for the brackets would be OK, ie would they be strong enough for the engine mount, cope with the temerature etc, or would I have to use aluminium. I only have a micro lathe so turning aluminium of a suitable diameter and length would be a problem. Has anyone fitted crash bungs, are they on aluminium mounts or are they all plastic? Another option I've consdered is fitting a se of engine protection bars, but I'm not keen on the aesthetics of these.

Has anyone mounted similar lamps, or the originals, if so where and how did you fit them.

My regular commute takes me over a mountain and I'm often in fog or clouds especially this time of year, plus there are no street lamps there so a bit of extra light to see the sheep would be welcome.

All help appreciated.

Thanks.