Fog lights - switch

Tafy94

Reaction score
Hi , new here but lurked for a while.

Having ridden it in the dark for the first time this morning, although the headlights are good, fog lamps would be a help especially for the many miles I do on unlit roads. Looking through this site it appears that the switch supplied with the oh so expensive kit attaches to the handle bars. A bit dissapointing to say the least. However I notice on the left hand control cluster that there appears to be a switch blank.Does anyone here know if there is a Yamaha switch to fit this and the part no. Tried googling it but I can't come up with the right magic spell in google to get the answer I need.

Cheers

Martin

Tafy94

Reaction score

offo

Reaction score

Tafy94

Reaction score
Thanks Offo, I'll have to get the cluster off and do a few measurements, all I need now is the time.

offo

Reaction score
Thanks Offo, I'll have to get the cluster off and do a few measurements, all I need now is the time.

I know what you mean, i'm not even getting that much riding time at the minute, seems to be sunny when i'm at work & raining when i'm not although i probably don't want to compete with you when it comes to the amount of rain we get! ;)

stofer

Reaction score
Hi Tafy94
I want to install fog lights + handlebar switch.
If you installed yours - can you share the results and inshights?
How did you do the wirings?
Tnx

doc

Reaction score
I have the factory fog lights and harness. I am a fairly 'picky' person, but honestly cannot say that I notice the presence of the switch at all. And it has to be asked....which is preferable? Having one switch mounted on the bars, or perhaps compromising the integrity of the original cluster?

stringman

Reaction score
I have the factory fog lights and harness. I am a fairly 'picky' person, but honestly cannot say that I notice the presence of the switch at all. And it has to be asked....which is preferable? Having one switch mounted on the bars, or perhaps compromising the integrity of the original cluster?
Hi
I was the OP on the other site.
I took off the cluster on the left hand side to measure the space available and then I think (it was a while ago) I took off the hazard light switch from the right hand side to measure it.
From that I bought a switch to fit on ebay.

Sadly I cant find the photos of the measurements. but I presume the switches must have matched as I bought a switch based on the hazard light switch.

I never got to fit it though as I run my DRL from a relay that just takes its feed direct from the battery but only switches on when the engine is started.
I may well try to fit the switch though as my DRL have a pulse option wired in.