Frame side Panels WIP!

MartinB

Reaction score
Guys I have been turning my skills to address the hole in the side of the bike, which is currently if purchased, covered up by some bulbous plastic units which IMHO don't look that good.

Some first design and prototype units, as I said its a work in progress, I intend to publish a template when I have it bottomed out.

Watch this space, and comments welcomed

Last edited:

Coopie

Reaction score
I am liking that , very nice . Am I thinking they are thin ally sheet ?

MartinB

Reaction score
I am liking that , very nice . Am I thinking they are thin ally sheet ?
Thanks: You are correct, I had a couple of 2mm Sheets of anodized Aluminium, (Not too sure of the grade) kicking around, still tweaking the blank development at the moment, watch this space.

Have you got any suggestions for colour? As is, Matt Grey, Frame silver, Black, still undecided myself.

Cheers

Last edited:

Mat Still

Reaction score
I think black, as it then looks like part of the frame.

I've got the same matt grey, I just think it'd look stupid having it that colour, but that's just me

Coopie

Reaction score
Thanks: You are correct, Have you got any suggestions for colour? As is, Matt Grey, Frame silver, Black, still undecided myself.
Now yur asking ...... If you do them silver like the frame you visually increase the bulk of the frame , and the same in black , the seat starts to look more bulky
Maybe body colour with large MT or 09 graphic in contrasting colour

Last edited: