Fuel Consumption

trevorleigh

Reaction score
OK, I know you guys are gonna call me a wuss for riding so slowly, but after a 700 mile three day ride round Wales and back to Hampshire I have looked at my fuel consumption. The last 4 tankfuls have been over 55MPG, with a best of 58.2. Although I was riding with a group of friends including some slower riders, with a couple of ladies on 500 twins so the pace was not that high. Best distance on a tank was 168 miles, and then it took 13.4 litres to fill.

M

MT account

i got mine up to 63mpg the other day............i was in 'driving miss daisy' mode........well, riding miss daisy sounds wrong. soon got back down to 45mpg when i got back on the main roads

RipGroove

Reaction score
Mine has averaged 46mpg :-( That's 600 break in miles, 600 easing it in miles and 600 riding it hard miles.

Sent from outer space

Spot

Reaction score
Are you taking the MPG from the dash or working it out by calculating miles ridden and fuel used?
I've found the onboard computer to be a little optimistic. Eg: It reports 55mpg but reality is 47.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Are you taking the MPG from the dash or working it out by calculating miles ridden and fuel used?
I've found the onboard computer to be a little optimistic. Eg: It reports 55mpg but reality is 47.
Mine must be doing about 35mpg then lol

Sent from outer space

uppylad

Reaction score
Averaging 55 mpg, but that is because there are so many f***ing speed cameras in Yorkshire I dare not do any other, Spot, are you saying the mpg miles are different to the odometer miles or are they optamistic too? if so I can put my servicing back 15%...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use myfuelly... Very accurate an goes on miles verses fuel used etc. The bikes MPG is optimistic lol

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental

M

MT account

that might explain that while mine shows 54mpg i seem to be filling it up every ride where the street would go a few rides on the same amount.....:)

My Toy

Reaction score
i got mine up to 63mpg the other day............i was in 'driving miss daisy' mode........well, riding miss daisy sounds wrong. soon got back down to 45mpg when i got back on the main roads
Was that "A" "B" or "STD"

trevorleigh

Reaction score
That was pretty much all in 'B' mode, except when I was coming up behind traffic, then switching to 'A' for overtakes because it is so addictive. The mpg all worked out in my fuely. Expect it to drop back to mid 40s now I am back home and riding roads I know well and not in a group.

M

MT account

Was that "A" "B" or "STD"
im thinking it was in A but tbh i often forget to switch the damn thing over till ive been riding for a while........i was cruising round quiet country lanes for a while till i found a bypass when it got a breif caning which got it back to 45mpg

pipski99

Reaction score
I decided to play and see what I could get out of mine and I got it to 70.2mpg according to the on board computer after 120 miles on this tank.

What I have learned though is that the on board computer is nowhere near accurate. My last fuel up showed 57.7mpg average but the real mpg was 52.3 so it's around 10% out.