Fuel Gauge Readings

Morgo

Reaction score
Is anyone else's fuel gauge reading full until you reach approximately 125 km's. I have spoken to the dealer and he says that it is normal, I think it's a bit of considering the second increment drops after a further 10km. Not a big problem just interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. My first segment doesn't usually go till around 50-60 miles then drops very quickly. I believe it's bcoz the tank is massive at the top

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

pipski99

Reaction score
Got the same thing here - the first block from full tank lasts approx. 70-80 miles then the others only last approx. 15 miles each.

The mistake we make is assuming that logic applies and if there are 5 blocks then each block is 1/5 of the tank capacity but Yamaha just don't see it that way. the first one is larger sized than the rest and they're not all equal.

There's nothing wrong with your gauge or your consumption, it just works that way.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I get through all mine in about 100 miles, so don't get time to worry about the first bar lol

Twozup

Reaction score
Yep same here assuming it's something to do with shape of tank and me always cramming as much fuel in as I could!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Spot

Reaction score
I just squeezed in 13Ltrs and did 124.4 miles

Just out of interest, did you check what the computer claimed your mpg average was when you did this?

I wish I could get 200 miles out of a tankful.

Oh and yes my fuel gauge behaves the same too.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It said 46.4 as always. If I go for a long thrashing it will drop to 46.1 but never any less lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If u register on www.fuelly.com u can see al of my fill ups and quite a few other ppl on here. U can even start ur own. It tracks ur MPG, Best tank etc etc. give it a go lol

Cypher

Reaction score
One thing that actually took me a while to realise is that there is a small arrow pointing between the third and fourth bar. If I understand correctly that's half tank meaning that you get more granularity for the second half (3 bars instead of 2).

But yes, to answer TC's question - I have the same - full, full and suddenly starts going down quite rapidly.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pmsl. U must b well accustomed to that by now. Btw, I cleaned the puck up this afternoon ready for its departure "up norf"! Lol. Quite surprised that the bolts Yamaha use r really shite. They are quite cheap considering....!

Twozup

Reaction score
One thing I do have is an endless supply of stainless bolts.... But if they're that shite then you should be paying me to take them off your hands ;-)

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One thing I do have is an endless supply of stainless bolts.... But if they're that shite then you should be paying me to take them off your hands ;-)

Click [HERE] then {HERE}
Ah yes I forgot u were a mechanical engineer... Hehum...I meant civil.....civil engineer. I think stainless bolts wud look loads better than the original black ones that r in there now...!
I was gonna put a little suprise in the box with the bits I'm sending u but I think I will advertise them for sale on ere instead lol. They've gotta b worth £30-£40 ?