Fuel range

Toppie

Reaction score
Well, I thought I was a fairly economical rider, but you guys have got me well beaten.

Even during running-in when I'm taking it steady(ish) it goes onto fuel trip at about 140 miles. Filling up at 150 it takes 12 litres. That's about 57 mpg, or 5.0 km/litre. Which is about what I expected - actually a bit better, I've never seen more than 55 mpg out of my Fazer8.

That's mostly on country roads, rarely getting up to 6th gear.
That's just about exactly what I get.
I dont like the way the fuel indicator doesn't decrease evenly. When the 1st segment disappears, half yer tank's gone.

stofer

Reaction score
My range extender

Installed extra fuel tanks under the seat. 2 aluminum bottles of 0.75L each, giving me an extra 1.5L of fuel, which can give me an extra 30KM or so. The bottles cost 3$ each. The bottle holders are 2.5$ each. both on AliExpress. You can find bottles and holders in different colors, to match the bike. I also added a steel wire around the neck of the bottle, with a loop on the other end. Inserted the loop into the space under the seat, and hooked it to a small spring hook key ring. This is a primitive anti-theaft mechanism to prevent the bottles from being pulled out of the holders. Only after openning the back seat with a key, and releasing the spring hook key ring, the bottles can be pulled from the holder. Added a Velcro strap to prevent movement. Last but not least - letter stickers displaying: NOS :) just for the joke of it.
attachment.jpgattachment-1.jpgattachment-2.jpg