Fz-09 v mt-09

T

THAIGATE14

heres what ive found so far between the 2 bikes and im sure ill notice a bit more as the miles rack up.
1st thing on the FZ......no immobiliser! the tightwads didnt fit 1 standard on the US spec bikes...........no bike thieves in the usa then? good job i brought a spy alarm with me then.
2. F-off big indicators with front cruising lights and the loom has space to fit them on the rear. the loom also has different plugs so they wont plug n play between regions. they took 3 hours to swop out for some i got from me mate dave:cool:
3. fuel consumption is turning out to be *interesting* 6.5l to 100km at running in speeds (just short of the rev limiter :) )........that'll cut into the beer budget for sure!
4.power. i dont know what ecu programe they stuck in this bike but its akin to a kittens fart in terms of BHP. the front wheel hasnt got a inch off the ground yet whereas the MT needs a concrete block over the front mudguard to stand half a chance of exiting a corner with the wheel on the road .......im kinda hoping they switch on the power when they do the first service as its definately not the same output as the MT.
5. im not having any issue with the saddle? its spot on, not sliding down it or any of that stuff i got with the MT and even dorris rates the ride on the back over the ER6 seat so i wont be modding the seat till ive done some mountain work.
6. the FZ comes with battlax tyres and doesnt feel so quick to hop over road lines, nor does the rear spin up when crossing them. then again the road is around 40+ degrees C so theyre at race temp straight out the garage!
7. the *twitch* im not noticing any different throttle response to the MT apart from a lack of wheelie action.
8. stickers.................they like stickers on the tank. theres 1 to remind them to wear a helmet........:rolleyes:
20140611_140528.jpg
20140610_215934_LLS.jpg

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We know it's down on power from looking at some of our friends dyno results from across the pond lol

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

T

THAIGATE14

id say std is............less than std. A mode is hardly any better and B mode is fine for when youre still bladdered from the night before and have a 45km ride back home to face the music.......

T

THAIGATE14

im not a fan of the red colour either, looks a bit bland,.
red? bland? id have to disagree there old chap.......shes got a great orange ensemble too, wish i could import her back there for a photo shoot.......:D
20140612_205504_LLS.jpg

Niner

Reaction score
When I twist the throttle on my FZ the front wheel points to the heavens. 0.o

PaulG

Reaction score
Australasian market (Aus & NZ)MTs also have Yamaha DNA (spray on microdots) as well as the immobiliser.

T

THAIGATE14

so, looks like the usa got the cheap end of the deal then?
i noticed another thing last night, if you do a flame show for the parking boys outside a gogo bar its possible that some old git with a stick might appear and try to whack the bike with it. ill have to avoid that street for a few days now cos i told him where i was gonna stick the stick........they dont like it up'em.........
.......its still not wheelie happy, even after 12 beers.........i suppose thats a good thing really.:rolleyes:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so, looks like the usa got the cheap end of the deal then?
i noticed another thing last night, if you do a flame show for the parking boys outside a gogo bar its possible that some old git with a stick might appear and try to whack the bike with it. ill have to avoid that street for a few days now cos i told him where i was gonna stick the stick........they dont like it up'em.........
.......its still not wheelie happy, even after 12 beers.........i suppose thats a good thing really.:rolleyes:
Lol. That wud of been an awesome vid hehe

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm