G2 Throttle Tamer Info & Review

Burg308

Reaction score
Solved the problem ,rutmonkey out of stock ,will be so for some weeks ,ordered one through g2 ergonomics,104 dollars posted,a bit more expensive but what the heck,

emptyoh9

Reaction score
My G2 arrived today and since the workshop was empty at work i wheeled her in for the quick mod...so on the way home i took a detour to test it out, the verdict?

Bloody excellent bit of kit i'm well chuffed with it. It's restored some of my confidence on the bike and i'm back to hanging off the seat round corners and enjoying my bike riding again. Ok it doesn't totally eliminate the twitchy throttle, but so long as you haven't got the touch of a rapist then it'll greatly improve the throttle response in A mode especially.

Well done Ripgroove for the initial info and install guide. Thanks mate.

Very highly recommended mod.

Didn't get stung with import tax either WIN!

RipGroove

Reaction score
My G2 arrived today and since the workshop was empty at work i wheeled her in for the quick mod...so on the way home i took a detour to test it out, the verdict?

Bloody excellent bit of kit i'm well chuffed with it. It's restored some of my confidence on the bike and i'm back to hanging off the seat round corners and enjoying my bike riding again. Ok it doesn't totally eliminate the twitchy throttle, but so long as you haven't got the touch of a rapist then it'll greatly improve the throttle response in A mode especially.

Well done Ripgroove for the initial info and install guide. Thanks mate.

Very highly recommended mod.

Didn't get stung with import tax either WIN!
No probs dude, glad it's helped [emoji41]

Colton123

Reaction score
Big shout out to RipGroove fitted the g2 today bike is awesome every where in A mode top mod mate .

Mitch

Reaction score
I really don't get the big hype with the g2 I really have no issues with the throttle once I had got used to it or is it really that much of a game changer

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really don't get the big hype with the g2 I really have no issues with the throttle once I had got used to it or is it really that much of a game changer
I'm with u bud. My right wrist is my throttle tammer lol.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I ride a 280cc 2 stroke trials bike with a quick throttle fitted which to master is pretty much the pinnacle of throttle control and I have that dialled. But when it comes to the MT something just ain't right.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ride a 280cc 2 stroke trials bike with a quick throttle fitted which to master is pretty much the pinnacle of throttle control and I have that dialled. But when it comes to the MT something just ain't right.
I wonder if it's a mindset thing between the trials and the MT

Paul Longmire

Reaction score
well finally fitted my G2 throttle tamer on my street rally just followed ripgroves thread not hard at all, and certainly notice a difference after a quick blast round, thank u ripgroove for a great post. Next is the DNA filter once iv used up my tankful of fuel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RipGroove

Reaction score
well finally fitted my G2 throttle tamer on my street rally just followed ripgroves thread not hard at all, and certainly notice a difference after a quick blast round, thank u ripgroove for a great post. Next is the DNA filter once iv used up my tankful of fuel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No problem dude [emoji41]

widds

Reaction score
G2

HI Any updates on the results of the tamer? Also can you buy this in the UK any info would be very helpful thanks David.. PS had the Yamaha flash done and its a lot better now

Pool Boy

Reaction score
G2 isn't available direct from UK (AFAIK)
Rutmonkey are cheaper than direct from G2
Whilst it is certainly smoother with the G2 and DNA, I'd wait and see how you get on with the flash as you may not need any further mods

Locksmith

Reaction score
HI Any updates on the results of the tamer? Also can you buy this in the UK any info would be very helpful thanks David.. PS had the Yamaha flash done and its a lot better now
When you say a lot better, what do you mean. Do you still feed the need for a G2 as well ?

Jaffajones

Reaction score
No problem, just glad its helping people! :)

Sent from outer space
Hi rip , I'm new to mortoecycle world and bought mt09 sr as first bike, looking to buy G2 tamer as my local shop stores then, if for some reason I don't like it is it simply case of taking it off and putting stock one back on. Ps you and other members on forum have given great advice on various topics , thank u very much

RipGroove

Reaction score
Hi rip , I'm new to mortoecycle world and bought mt09 sr as first bike, looking to buy G2 tamer as my local shop stores then, if for some reason I don't like it is it simply case of taking it off and putting stock one back on. Ps you and other members on forum have given great advice on various topics , thank u very much
Hiya, yeah if you don't like it it just comes right off again no problem, very easy to fit and remove. I actually still have mine fitted even now I've had my ECU flashed, the G2 just makes it that little bit more smooth, which is no bad thing with this bike.

Sent from my iPhone