Getting the MRA Vario Touring Screen in Australia

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
They are imported by Pro Accessories on request, 6-7 weeks delivery. RRP $254.00

So I have just gone online.

Vario Touring Screen MRA Yamaha MT-09 13-14 light smoke

Subtotal €130.58 EUR
Shipping and handling €39.90 EUR
Total €130.58 EUR
Payment €130.58 EUR
Payment sent to [email protected]
From amount $196.07 AUD
To amount €130.58 EUR
Exchange rate: 1 AUD = 0.666004 EUR

So that was ordered Saturday morning. I'll keep you informed.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Hi JIm, I have the vario screen and whilst it is a great quality product, But I have found that I do not use it! The only issue is that the screen mounts to the metal brackets with rubber captive nuts, and the brackets fit to the bike also with rubber captive nuts. This make it really move a lot when riding (I guess 1/2 to 3/4 inch at the top of the screen) Whilst I am sure this is not a safety issue I find it quite off putting when riding. I am trying to find a way of securing it better. Would be interested to here your thoughts when you have it fitted

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
Hi Trevor,

I have full workshop facilities so I will be dealing with this issue. The screen arrived in Australia on Wednesday and is now in the hands of AusPost.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Hi Jim
Got a nice letter from my MRA dealers, and some improved mounting brackets (3 piece instead of two pictured), apparantly after long term testing, they found the same as me, just to much movement. Fitted them this morning and been out and done about a hundred miles today. The movement is much much better, but they is a hell of a load of wind noise, tried with two helmets, but will be going back to the little Yamaha screen next weekend.
P1040015.jpg

marthy

Reaction score
I did test a lot of screen on my FZ6R. There's 2 way of doing it. Gwing style or shorty. I use a FZ1N Puig screen on my FZ09 and it's just enough to remive most of the wind blast off my chest but still flow plenty of clean air around shoulder and helmet area.

Still can't believe that's all they did with the updated version. Those plastic are not hard point, not string enough to hold that much load IMO.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Hi Jim, have you been out for a ride yet, what do you think? I keep switching between the MRA and the Yamaha tiny screen. Still not sure which has less wind blast.

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
Hi Jim, have you been out for a ride yet, what do you think? I keep switching between the MRA and the Yamaha tiny screen. Still not sure which has less wind blast.
Yes I have and it's very good. The wind just hits the top of my shoulders. The movement is not great with the new brackets. I'm not sure about the wind noise. After reading your comment I was listening for it. I can't decide if the lack of pressure means you expect a lot less noise but you get the same noise because your helmet is still in the wind. I have to got out with a backpack and remove the screen mid trip to do a real comparison.