getting wet butt !

Birdy

Reaction score
Hi, new to site, never joined anything before, well except navy ! love my mt ,i ride my bikes all year round , which brings me to my only bum note about the bike:) I am getting soaked from the rear tyre ! Any one know of any products in the pipeline, huggers or whatever ? Still not enough to stop this being my all time fave bike, and i have owned about 80 over the years [ 46 year old git] Funnily enough , last bike to get me wet and smelly from the rear [ oo- err] was another Yam , TDR 250. That was a loon bike as well . If no one makes anything soon , gonna bodge something with plastic and cable ties, wont be pretty lol !

psychoattractor

Reaction score
i saw that online during the week, it's not going to keep your butt dry, but it will keep the underside clean i suppose. Looks half assed :D

R&G are working on a rear hugger as opposed to a fenda extenda (like the pic above), pictures will be up on their site soon.

Birdy

Reaction score
thanks steve and psycho, glad i didnt get a tail tidy now, way down shopping list ! Right about rear fender thing, doubt it will stop much. best wait for R+G hugger. Funny that all the dross written about jerky throttle, vauge front end and such , i think is all rubbish, and not one bike journo mentioned wet arse! Fair weather riding shandy drinking sausage jockeys! Still would not have stopped me having MT though

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Had the same exact same problem the other day. It had been raining and the roads were all wet. Went for a ride, not raining anymore just wet roads. And damn was my ass soaking... The fender extender seems to be a good idea. But will it stop us from getting our asses soaked?

FreakyFreak

Banksy

Reaction score
Has anyone found the answer to this yet? Just back in from a ride on wet roads and my ass was soaked!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If anyone wants some proper textiles for the wet and cold at an absolute bargain take a look in the "for sale" section...!

Chris West

Reaction score
You'd need a meter long rear hugger to make any differences
I don't know why peeps keep posting suggesting extensions to the original as an option to prevent 'wet arse'
I think the biggest mistake most of us made was getting rid of the original tail piece and fitting a 5x7 number plate
If anyone is still running the original then your input would be worthwhile
I have the Pyramid plastics rear hugger ( no positive affect on 'WA') and now the rooster tail
Can't report on the latter yet as I've mostly been in HU since March ish. Hired a 1200 GS out here a few weekends and on a KTM 990 this weekend :)
Yes the rooster retail looks sh!te but so does being cover in road filth (wet is just a part of it)
I guess Yam consider their set I up is sound so no change on their x version :-(

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bloody hell.....hello stranger lol. Long time no speak...!
Ur absolutely rite on the hugger front tho.

flydnb

Reaction score
thanks steve and psycho, glad i didnt get the anal probe now, way down shopping list ! Right about rear bender thing, doubt it will stop much. best wait for some young scouts or public school boys. Funny that all the dross written about jerking myself off whilst riding my MT, vauge front end and nice tight young botty , i think is all rubbish, and not one bike journo mentioned wet arse! Fair weather riding shandy drinking sausage jockeys! Still would not have stopped me having a lovely bum on my MT though
yeah I saw that in the paper birdy.

Birdy

Reaction score
Ran mine with original tail and plate Chris, still get soaked! Its just a small bike with no bodywork to protect you , love the bike to bits....but ....in a moment of madness , i swapped it for my mates GS...Ewan believe it !! I feel a right Charlie !!!!!

flydnb

Reaction score
Ran mine with original tail and plate Chris, still get soaked! Its just a small bike with no bodywork to protect you , love the bike to bits....but ....in a moment of madness , i swapped it for my mates GS...Ewan believe it !! I feel a right Charlie !!!!!
really you got a gs now ?