Givi PL2122CAM Tubular Cam Side Pannier Holders

O

owle

sorry wrong forum, can a mod move this to the Tracer General discussion please. owle

Stripy

Reaction score
Why don't you look at Kriega instead, way cheaper and no need for the mounts

O

owle

Stripy i have various Kriega bags, and various panniers, the Wolfmans are my favourites, i travel a lot and prefer to have the weight low down. I'm also going to use an Ortlieb 49L bag across the back seat, from pictures the rear rack on Tracers seem to be very high and hang out a lot from the back of the bike.

Sven

Reaction score
Hi, i've got Givi PLR2122 (quick release) fitted to mine. Can measure the loop later today if you want.

Attachments

O

owle

Sven,Thanks that would be great, also could you look to see if the attachments on the loop can be removed. the ones at the top of the loops that secures the Givi panniers to the racks.

Sven

Reaction score
The good thing about quick release ones is i can just grab them out of the garage & bring them indoors! They measure 305mm across by about 210mm up/down (about 12 x 8 inches). So basically the size of a piece of A4 paper.
I'm sure the wedge & bobbins are removable. The wedge has what looks like 2 allen bolts but with 2 plastic plugs in the hex recess. I tried to pull the plugs out but started to mangle them a bit so stopped. But I'm sure with a bit more brute force you could remove them & then remove the allen bolts. The bobbins have 1 allen bolt each.
Added pics with measurements on.

Attachments

O

owle

Sven, thank you .... i think i will go for quick release ones like yours they look like the best solution. owle