Gloves...

Jetty

Reaction score
Hi - Can anyone recommend some waterproof textile gloves with a large gauntlet opening please? The sleeves of my textile jacket are quite wide at the hand end and, although I can tighten them with the velcro strap, they still scrunch up a lot of fabric. I have tried on several pairs of gloves at bike shops, but none really have a wide enough opening. Any help/suggestions appreciated. :)

Steely

Reaction score
I wear short gloves, with my sleeves tightened over the gloves. I find there's less chance of water ingress that way than with gloves over sleeves.

Jetty

Reaction score
Thanks for that, Steely. Can't stand faffing around, and gauntlet gloves get the rise out of me. Shall persevere...or maybe get a neoprene cuff sewn into jacket. Sounds all very boring but I've become fed up with carrying wets and trying to decided when best to bloody put them on! Always get it wrong; already wet or it doesn't flipping rain! Looking for the all around simple method for bike clothing...

robin

Reaction score
I always wear my jacket sleeves over my gloves. It allows the rain to run down my arm without it going into my gloves. The rain doesn't run up with the wind as you might think.
Any kind of Gortex cloves should be water proof and fit under the end of your sleeves.

Jetty

Reaction score
Christ, I am thick! Wasn't thinking of rain running down the sleeves, just being blown up the sleeve from the glove! Less rain on the glove than the sleeve of course. I'm so used to just getting soaked all over that I haven't cared or thought about it very much before. Currently I am using yachting Sealskin gloves as I reckoned on them being properly waterproof and warm. Doubt they'll do much for road rash however...So had best not come off. Thanks for the input...and saving me from spunking any more money. :)

robin

Reaction score
Of course if you bought a £1500 - £2000 Rukka suit you will find the outer cuff of the jacket folds up your arm so that the inner cuff will go inside your gloves. Then fold down the outer cuff to go over your glove. Best of both worlds.!